Altitude climb

skymike

Altitude climb

Post by skymike »

Today I took a maiden flight, since the whether was nice, and noticed something odd. At least to me.
After hovering for a little and checking all functions I decided to see how fast the quad would climb. So I hit full throttle and man she took off. Shortly after initiating climb I heard a single beep from the quad. I decided to throttle down not sure why this beep occurred. Voltage alarm was set for 3.6 per cell and was reading 3.78 after landing. It didn't sound like the voltage alarm but checked to make sure.

Any ideas why or what the beep was to indicate? I have the rcOptions beep uncommented.

Thanks

waltr

Re: Altitude climb

Post by waltr »

It is not unusual for the battery Voltage to drop a lot when going full throttle. This will trip the battery alarm.
Happens all the time on my High performance Warp Quads especially on batteries with a lower C rating.
And yes, the Voltage will recover once the high current load is removed.

skymike

Re: Altitude climb

Post by skymike »

waltr wrote:It is not unusual for the battery Voltage to drop a lot when going full throttle. This will trip the battery alarm.
Happens all the time on my High performance Warp Quads especially on batteries with a lower C rating.
And yes, the Voltage will recover once the high current load is removed.

Ok that makes sense, my battery was close to the alarm point and once I removed the load no alarm. I will be conducting a bench test, and I'll try at different voltages. Batt is a 10/20C ordered a higher c so that should help.