Keep PID settings, calibrated data... after uploading code?

vpb

Keep PID settings, calibrated data... after uploading code?

Post by vpb »

Hi,

Sometimes I upload same version-code to board, and all settings I made before are not cleared, but sometimes not. Uploading a different version code will clear the eeprom for sure. So I just dont know exactly when all are reset.

Is there a way to store all tuned settings, calibrated data somewhere then reload them again? Only way I know now is taking a screenshot of MultiWii Conf. Also calibrating MAG with usb cable is not a process that should be done much (I know we can do it with bluetooth adaptor).

Tks!

waltr

Re: Keep PID settings, calibrated data... after uploading co

Post by waltr »

There is a save/restore button but unsure if this works between different MW versions.
Since there are not many setting I always write them down in my copter notebook (also good to keep track of what I've changed) but a screen shot will work.

Tlochi

Re: Keep PID settings, calibrated data... after uploading co

Post by Tlochi »

First, I ALWAYS use the example arduino sketch, eeprom_clear, before flashing my boards with a new multiwii sketch. Otherwise I have experienced instances of the code not taking at all or only partially.

As for the PID settings, I am always able to save my PID adjustments, magnetic declination etc. using the WinGUI option - Save to File. This does not save any calibrations, and IMO you should calibrate the Compass and ACC every time you flash a new Mutliwii Sketch.

For Mag calibration, It is a pain to calibrate the compass while connected to the USB so here are some other options:
- bluetooth module and Android App
- 3dr telemetry link and Computer with WinGUI
- stick commands

Hope that helps!