How does throttle work & where?

jim lee

How does throttle work & where?

Post by jim lee »

I understand MINTHROTTLE, I can adjust it and see it working with the multiWii config program. It sets the minimum idle speed of the motors. (Quadcopter here) What sets the next speed up? The off-idle speed? I see this vary from copter to copter and have no idea what's going on. I have one machine that gives a smooth transition from MINTHROTTLE on up, and one that will just about fly away when you bring the throttle above MINTHROTTLE. All machines are Identical as possible. They are all running the Hobbyking multiWii with GPS boards.

Many thanks in advance!

-jim lee

brewski

Re: How does throttle work & where?

Post by brewski »

Sounds like your ESCs are not calibrated for min & Max range

jim lee

Post by jim lee »

I don't think that's the case. When running at MINTHROTTLE the motors purr like kittens. Its not 'till you up the throttle a tiny bit does the problem occur.

Actually they will purr like kittens if you comment out #define MOTOR_STOP and run the throttle down as low as possible. At this point they are all running on MINTHROTTLE and everything is happy. Its when the throttle is raised a bit that the trouble starts. FR & RL run up too far while FL & RR keep ticking along at MINTHROTTLE.

-jim lee

waltr

Post by waltr »

ACC calibration?
Copter moved when FC booted and did Gryo cal?
Bad sensors on that one board?

jim lee

Post by jim lee »

ACC is calibrated. Not movement issue because the problem is 100% reproducible. Bad sensor? I've not seen anything on the screen to lead me to this conclusion. But, I'll look closer at that.

I was hoping that someone that understood the code could narrow down my search as to where and how this is calculated. Then I could debug this for myself.

-jim lee

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

looks like wrong prop on wrong motordirection or motor (esc) plugged into wrong output of FC... ...doublecheck this...

jim lee

Post by jim lee »

It flies, so the props and motors are all installed correctly. Its just bringing the power up to fly is where the trouble is.

-jim lee