MPU6050 unstable and crashed

airflap

MPU6050 unstable and crashed

Post by airflap »

Hi all. I posted this here hoping for some more insight.
I would be interested in hearing anyone experiences with the MPU6050 after a crash.

I have been flying this flip FC on a tri copter for over a year with rock solid performance.No problems.
Yesterday I crashed ! :o Before the crash I first noticed one arm was lower when starting to take off.
Looked like it might flip on the ground.I rebooted and the problem was gone. This happened a couple times.

I decided to change all the motors because they had some time on them and because of this one arm being low intermittently.
Then today I was at 30 feet with stable mode on and the copter stood strait up. flew over my head and crashed into a 30' tree

So I think the flip board is acting up. Anyone else seen this?
Days prior to any of this trouble I think my dog dropped a paper weight on the frame because I found one motor broken off.

Thanks.....

copterrichie

Re: MPU6050 unstable and crashed

Post by copterrichie »

I had a cheap MPU6050 on its own breakout board that totally and completely failed in-flight. Talk about one hell of a crash but the good news is, I replaced the board and all was good to go with some repairs to the frame of my copter.