Failsafe not functioning with DSM2 receiver

brewski

Failsafe not functioning with DSM2 receiver

Post by brewski »

Now I have my X525 quad hovering & flying pretty stabile I decided to try the Failsafe which is active by default in V2.3.
I have Spektrum TX7 TX & Lemon 8 channel RX. I had quad hovering at several metres & turned off TX. Quad dropped very fast but not damaged due to spring loaded legs. I then held quad, ran up to 50% throttle & killed tX. Motor speed dropped to idle 1100 which is the min throttle I have set.
Lemon & Spektrum DSM2 receivers all have Failsafe which remembers stick positions at binding & with loss of signal runs motors/servos at these settings until signal regained. That means that the Failsafe routine in V2.3 will never activate.
Anyone else observed this?

I guess I could set throttle to say 20% as a starting point during binding & this would probably provide sufficient power for controlled descent.

Cheers..B

treym

Re: Failsafe not functioning with DSM2 receiver

Post by treym »

set throtlle around 1250

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

With some rx it is easiest to set one of first four channels below 970 during binding.

scrat

Post by scrat »

Turn off Tx then turn on Rx and then push FS button in Rx.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Scrat,
I did not get any documentation with my used Lemon 8 channel & could find very little online. Will this sequence cancel the failsafe function in RX?