Baro + GPS hold

regzgz

Baro + GPS hold

Post by regzgz »

Is the combination of Baro and GPS a bad combination?
When using Baro the quad is stable, goes down for a bit but corrects altitude and stays at the desire altitude depending on wind speed, when I use GPS hold while Baro is active the quad drifts to the side very fast, if I turn GPS hold off the quad stops drifting.

Aux 1 Horizon - Baro
Aux 2 Angle - GPS hold

Do I need to change the combination of Aux 2?
What is the best combination for GPS hold?

Thanks for any input or comments!

haydent

Re: Baro + GPS hold

Post by haydent »

they can be both on happily, but you may have a problem with gps hold itself, not something done by baro.

are you saying with your switch that 1 toggles between horizon and baro ?

if so this may be your problem, as you want your chosen flight mode (horizon recommended) on all the time, assign it to all positions of aux 3 (assuming you dont have that radio channel hooked up) it will be on always.

this way afaik it will work together with baro and/or gps hold to give the desired result, while staying level

regzgz

Baro + GPS hold

Post by regzgz »

Thanks for that tip, since I only have aux 1 and 2 can I do the combination aux 1 to be:
angle (low)
Horizon + Baro (high)?

And you maybe right, maybe I'm not getting enough sat fix, I did a test with only GPS hold and still goes to the right very fast, I will attempt to do Baro calibration and check how many Sats I'm getting on the GPS. Thanks for the help!

haydent

Post by haydent »

what i was trying to say is that while trying to use baro or gps hold, try still having angle or horizon on

regzgz

Post by regzgz »

haydent:
I understand what you mean, maybe I did not explain myself correctly, see pics:

pic 1 shows my current Aux 1 settings: Angle to Baro
pic 2 shows proposed settings: Angle to Baro+Angle

I hope that clarifies a bit what I'm trying to do, I'm not sure if such combination is even possible or how many :?
Pic 1
Pic 1

Pic 2
Pic 2

regzgz

Baro + GPS hold

Post by regzgz »

I did some testing today, with the settings I proposed before and GPS hold is working great, it was very windy (8-9mph) and the quad did way better that I was hoping for!
The bad thing was Baro, maybe because of the bad weather. While doing GPSH, I went to Baro and my quad came down like a rock, I was quick enough to regain control but I did a "soft" bounce from the fall, nothing broken, just my ego got hurt :)
When the weather gets better I may give it another go. I'm already on one leg....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396541570.580705.jpg