Wobble out of control

shred444

Wobble out of control

Post by shred444 »

I've just built my first quad with the MultiWii Pro, and I have some usual feedback wobble occurring during any altitude change.

I have calibrated the Mag, Accel, Gyro, and ESCs. I have no idea what's going on, but it hovers correctly and then all of a sudden starts to wobble and drop out of the sky.

My PIDs are all default with a standard 450 size quad. Even changing the PID values have no effect on this wobble.

Any ideas as to what's going on?
Last edited by shred444 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tovrin

Re: Wobble out of control

Post by tovrin »

that looks indeed odd, my first thought would be to check for vibrations. use the gui and if you have bluetooth, watch it while in flight, or at least while idling and see if there is a vibration at different throttles. there is also a way to test individual motors now, but i havent used it yet.

shred444

Post by shred444 »

Turns out, it was an ESC calibration issue. One of the ESCs did not spin the motor at the same time as the others, so when i lowered the quad, that motor cut out, causing the wobble to occur.

This is the flight after the fix:

Last edited by shred444 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

good job Shred, now get it to ride the elevator! :)

btw,w hen posting youtube vids here, use the link but only post the code after v= as such eOB1jwklw-c

shred444

Post by shred444 »

well that's unintuitive! But thanks, all fixed

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

no problem, keep flying, BTW, i also use the X525 frame, though my landing gear were replaced with lighter weight zip ties after i snapped them during my first crash last year, lol!

Dok

Post by Dok »

Lol nice problem and fix.

I had a similar problem once, it would randomly wobble seemingly out of control until it crashed. Turns out the screws holding my flight control board had come loose (yeh, that'll do it).