Completely Stumped

ezikiel12

Completely Stumped

Post by ezikiel12 »

So I put together a little beater quad last night I'm going to use for acro utilizing a FLIP 1.5 MWC. Just a simple board with an mpu6050. Mind you, I've probably built 10 mutiwii quads in my career so far so it is quite routine for me at this point.

I load on Multiwii 2.2 and set the proper orientations, everything looks beautiful in multiwiiconf. I have a set of code perfectly set up for my little 330mm frames that I always load on just to make sure nothing is screwy. But here's the deal. The quad gets in the air but doesn't correct for yaw! You yaw it to either direction and it just continues to spin! ESC's are calibrated, PID's are perfectly acceptable values, motors plugged in correctly, motors spinning correctly. It looks like it wants to fly perfectly, it just doesn't want to hold its yaw position. Its exactly as if you take a perfectly flying quadcopter and completely take away its ability to hold yaw position. Kind of like it's on ice. It doesn't want to spin in one particular direction and I know for a fact the motors are straight. You yaw it to the left and it keeps on spinning and vice versa.

Anyone have any clue what could possibly be going on? I have tried recalibrating the ESC's, flashing with fresh code, raising and lowering yaw p, etc.. Nothing makes a bit of difference. It's the only time in this hobby I've been completely out of ideas troubleshooting something.

Thanks

Noctaro

Re: Completely Stumped

Post by Noctaro »

Hi,
are you sure, you mounted your props the right way? It happened to me also one time. Same behaviour as you describe. I just did attach my props the wrong way.
In Multiwii GUI, is your yaw acting as it should?

Greetz Noc

tovrin

Re: Completely Stumped

Post by tovrin »

yes, i did same thing and i was using flip1.5 and had hella yaw problems. all 4 props were exactly backwards, and all 4 motors spinning backwards so it did try to fly!