Multiwii SE 2.0 won't arm

murphey

Multiwii SE 2.0 won't arm

Post by murphey »

It looks like I need a little help! I have a Multiwii SE 2.0 and connected the Receiver outputs and ESC's per the quick start guide. On my transmitter, I set the end point on the throttle and rudder to 125. I power the transmitter, plug in the flight battery, wait for the receiver to bind and then try to arm the motors by moving the left stick to the lower right...nothing happens. I've tried reversing the rudder output and then only get a short and rapid blink of the blue LED. I've tried the stick in every position with no luck. There is a red and green LED that are always on and steady...don't know what those lights indicate...

The FC is right out of the box...I didn't do any flash software mods or anything other than plug in the wires. Do I need to do a bunch of programming...? I don't want to do any high end acro...just fly around the patch for now...
Thanks in advance for your help.
Murphey

scrat

Re: Multiwii SE 2.0 won't arm

Post by scrat »

Try arming your FC with RUDDER stick all way to the right. If not. Then set in GUI so you can arm your quad with switch.

mopedcrosser

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

check if yor throttle pwm is above 1000. I was setting my lowest point to 1005, the max to 1998. Check this range for all channels. The current version doesnt tolerate values out of this range.. I had the same issue when i was updating form 2.1 to 2.2.

mopedcrosser

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

check if yor throttle pwm is above 1000. I was setting my lowest point to 1005, the max to 1998. Check this range for all channels. The current version doesnt tolerate values out of this range.. I had the same issue when i was updating form 2.1 to 2.2.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

The FC is right out of the box...I didn't do any flash software mods or anything other than plug in the wires.

i never trust these, who knows what version of multiwii is loaded, what sensor configurations are programmed, or anything. my opinion you should definitely load MWC v2.2 and configure it yourself, then using the GUI make sure everything appears configured right. please make use of the forum for help, but unless you do this, you wont be able to tell us what we need to help you.

at the very least, use the GUI to see what your TX settings are at and to make sure your FC is calibrated/configured properly (though knowing which version of software is loaded makes it easier to find which version of the GUI you need)