Gimbal Servo Interference / Jitter

mopedcrosser

Gimbal Servo Interference / Jitter

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi all,

I am encountering a gimal servo problem I can´t solve.. this is driving me crazy for a week now and hopefully someone here comes up with a good hint.
I have a Crius AIOP 1.1 Hexa and was mounting a pan / tilt gimbal. This works fine so far, but If I connect the roll and pitch servo at once the pitch servo
first starts jittering and then moves into its max positon trying to move still further to max (which is not possible since it already reached the end). This
is what I could figure out so far:

1. If I connect only one of both servos each of them works fine. There are no problems. The problem occurrs immediately after plugging in the second servo.

2. I power both servos with one of my 6 ESC´s, since I use external power on my AIOP and the voltage pins on the FC are dead therefore.

3. I checked all power lines and the signal lines for short circuits, there are none. I was assuming that probably the signal lines are touching each other anywhere,
but they are definetly not.

4. I was trying to use an external power source for the servos, grabbing only the signal from the aiop, which does not work. The servos are not reacting at all on signals then. I assume the signal Line and the ground line need to be connected to the same power source, right ?

5. I am using Channel 4 to override pitch. Might that have an effect ? I have currently only pitch connected and the adjustment via RX/TX works as it should.

6. I was trying (cheap tower pro) digital servos and the cheap analog servos that came with the gimbal. Both show this problem.

7. If I swap the servos (only the connectors, roll / pitch) the roll servo goes crazy... So it is always the same output toublesome ?!

I dont know what to check... its pretty confusing and I have no idea how it is possible that the one servo makes the other go crazy.

Thanks for any help...

Sebastian

mopedcrosser

Re: Gimbal Servo Interference / Jitter

Post by mopedcrosser »

Just to let you know. I solved the issue by replacing the analog servos by non cheap digital ones.. The very cheap digital servos showed the same issue. A change in the update rate did not help as well..