GPS Hold works only once

defkom

GPS Hold works only once

Post by defkom »

Hello everyone,
I could use some advice for GPS hold, I am stuck:
I am flying a Y6 with SimonK EsCs, a CRIUS AIOP V1.1 flightcontrol, ublox 10Hz GPS, MultiWii 2.2 is installed.
The copter is flying very well in Angle Mode.
When turning on GPS hold, this typically only works once, the copter starts to circle around the GPS hold Position. (8 Satellites locked)
After that, I land to alter PID values over Smartfone/Bluetooth to get a better Position lock.
Once back airborne, as soon as I turn on GPS hold, the copter starts drfiting in a direction, typically it is straight backwards, sometime forwad & left.
I thought it was a centering issue of my Radio, a value other than 1500 would cause MW to ignore GPS hold and make the copter drift. Therefore, I turned on Deadband with value 6.
According to MWConf, this should be fine, values are from 1497 to 1504.
Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue and suprisingly when swichting from the not-working-backwards-drifting-GPS-hold to angle, the copter stays stable and does not drift.
Btw: Magnetic Declation is set to my locations value.
Does anybody have a clue?
I am running out of ideas
Thanks in advance

Alexinparis

Re: GPS Hold works only once

Post by Alexinparis »

Hi,

After that, I land to alter PID values over Smartfone/Bluetooth to get a better Position lock.

What about the GPS fix just before the second take off ?

Peter

Post by Peter »

I have similar problems. First a big drift then circling. I'm suspecting the compass, moving it to another location.

My previous setup, a homemade pro mini with i2c GPS worked flawless. Using a cjmcu 2560 board now.

defkom

Post by defkom »

Alexinparis wrote:Hi,

What about the GPS fix just before the second take off ?

I have a constant lock to 8 Satelites

defkom

Post by defkom »

I solved the problem:
-I raised the Deadband to 10 - just in case
-I cleared the EPROM (Save GUI Parameter before, Clear EPROM, Compile MultiWii and Upload to Board, Restore GUI Parameters)

GPS Hold works now, however, the best I get is circling in 2-3m circles