level mode slow to return to level position

livinlife

level mode slow to return to level position

Post by livinlife »

I am running multiwii 2.1 on a Tcopter using the witespy Flip MWC. I have it tuned pretty good. It flies nice and stable. The only issue I haven't been able to fix is that when flying in level mode it is slow to return to level. I can go ahead and level it out with the sticks and it will hold it. Otherwise it takes around 5 seconds to finally level out. P.I.D.'s for level are stock.

scrat

Re: level mode slow to return to level position

Post by scrat »

Increase P for Angle.

livinlife

Post by livinlife »

I don't see angle pid, just level. I notice also that while in level mode i can still achieve very steep angles. Can almost turn it upside down.

scrat

Post by scrat »

What version of mwii you're using? Use 2.2 and you will have angle.

livinlife

Post by livinlife »

Using 2.1. Haven't upgraded yet.

KasparsL

Post by KasparsL »

livinlife wrote:I am running multiwii 2.1 on a Tcopter using the witespy Flip MWC. I have it tuned pretty good. It flies nice and stable. The only issue I haven't been able to fix is that when flying in level mode it is slow to return to level. I can go ahead and level it out with the sticks and it will hold it. Otherwise it takes around 5 seconds to finally level out. P.I.D.'s for level are stock.

Me and some other people have wrote and showed videos before regarding this issue, but it seems that nobody else, exept "us", is bothered and not usung these modes (horizon or level) ;)
This s not PID settings dependent. And nothing has been changed in v2.2 .

Electro 2

Post by Electro 2 »

If you're not using Horizon or Level modes, to the best of my knowedge, only the gyro(s) are in-play here. So... gyro calibration on boot may be an issue. Try making absolutely sure aircraft is level on boot (at battery connect). Or... do a stick-initiated gyro cal after boot and see if this affects it.