MultiWii 2.1 sudden rotation to upside down

jalves

MultiWii 2.1 sudden rotation to upside down

Post by jalves »

Hello all,

I have a problem with my Quad (Wii+ nunchuck, both originals) running the latest multiwii code (2.1).

The stable mode isn't, well, stable. The instability grow to the point I have to flip the switch to return to Acro mode (I turn stable mode in the ground with the quad levelled). This is a minor problem, but do you have the same problem with your Quads?

When flying in acro mode, the model has some lack of yaw authority, not much of a problem.

Now the BIG problem:

I am flying calmly in acro mode and, all the sudden, the quad roll aprox.180º and screw down to the ground.

Happened twice so far, the first time low and only broke all the props, today from about 3 to 4m height, 3 props and a arm.

Do you have (or had) similar problems?

How did you solve them?

Gartenflieger

Re: MultiWii 2.1 sudden rotation to upside down

Post by Gartenflieger »

Most people solve that by checking the soldering and all other connections. ( And maybe re-do properly some connections)

NikTheGreek

Post by NikTheGreek »

Gartenflieger wrote:Most people solve that by checking the soldering and all other connections. ( And maybe re-do properly some connections)

+1

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

Gartenflieger wrote:Most people solve that by checking the soldering and all other connections. ( And maybe re-do properly some connections)

+2

both your level instability and yaw point to a bad solder or connection somewhere. remove ALL bullet connectors between your ESC and your motors, make sure these connections are well soldered using clean flux

Marcox22

Post by Marcox22 »

Hello,

I have the same problem with my multiwii quad :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRa6WO56oEE

I am settuping this quad , PID are defaults ones.
My Quad has also some problem with the YAW which is not very efficient (I 'll make a video)
On this video it suddenly flips. do you think it's a bad connection and I have to remove all the bullet connectors and directly solder the wires (motors to ESC)
my config :
- Flight ctrl : Hobbyking Multiwii SE V2
- Firmware : dev version r1317

Thanks for your answer

Marcox

mgros

Post by mgros »

Marcox22 wrote:Hello,

I have the same problem with my multiwii quad :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRa6WO56oEE

I am settuping this quad , PID are defaults ones.
My Quad has also some problem with the YAW which is not very efficient (I 'll make a video)
On this video it suddenly flips. do you think it's a bad connection and I have to remove all the bullet connectors and directly solder the wires (motors to ESC)
my config :
- Flight ctrl : Hobbyking Multiwii SE V2
- Firmware : dev version r1317

Thanks for your answer

Marcox

That seems a motor failure. Check connections, could be better as you say, a directly wire solder.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

here is a quick fix for those cheap bullet connectors if used. Just add a touch of solder to the tip of the connector.

Marcox22

Post by Marcox22 »

Thanks, I use those connectors, I'll try this tip...