Tricopter 2.5 issues

fpv_downunder

Tricopter 2.5 issues

Post by fpv_downunder »

Hi guys,

I posted this on rcgroups but I thought you may be able to help, I've got some issues with my tricopter I'm trying to sort out, mostly related to uneven RPM on the motors, as you can see from the video one motor RPM is showing constantly higher in the GUI even when the tricopter is completely level in pitch/roll. Thus I cant take off level let alone hover I also have the issue of the motors not all starting correctly at the same point for a given throttle position but I think thats a different issue.

Do you have any suggestions what might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhMA79z ... e=youtu.be

fpv_downunder

Re: Tricopter 2.5 issues

Post by fpv_downunder »

Forgot to mention I am using the CRIUS aio board

albertoLG

Post by albertoLG »

trim and subtrim to zero?

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

think It's normal, you have to trim it out, first calibrate acc, mag and esc then folow this:
http://www.multiwii.com/software
http://ncopters.blogspot.de/2012/04/how ... on-in.html

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1752&p=22493&hilit=trim#p22493

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

i agree, on the gui, you can see that your roll is 1471, that will cause your bird to try to roll that direction immediately. trim your TX to 1500 on roll and you should be fine.

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

Thanks, that's what it was. Also a TRAP for n00bs like myself is that multiwii default mode is acro. lol.

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

been there done that ;-)

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

you have to start with acro, level mode isnt always calibrated properly initially and can make it hard to identify other issues, like vibrations until you disable level mode.

I rarely use level mode unless i am trying to get my copter to hover perfectly still (as still as my cheap sensors can hold it)

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

Does anyone know any tricks to getting altitude hold to work with the crius aio pro? I enabled baro mode on aux3 but when I enable it nothing happens, does not attempt to maintain height?

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

fpv_downunder wrote:Does anyone know any tricks to getting altitude hold to work with the crius aio pro? I enabled baro mode on aux3 but when I enable it nothing happens, does not attempt to maintain height?

Since you are running official release 2.1 it is possible that you will never get satisfactory ALT. HOLD because biggest improvements were done after that release.

Regards
Andrej

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

also, if you are enabled baro before you have gotten at least 3 feet in the air you wont get good results. turn baro on once youve reached the height you want to hold.

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

Oh thanks for that, I'll try one of the dev releases then I guess...