Level Mode on MultiWii 2.0

urkadurka

Level Mode on MultiWii 2.0

Post by urkadurka »

I tried too use level mode on my quad without a complete success. Let me to explain was happened.
Quad with Keda 20-22L motors 10x4,5 APC propeller, AllInOne IMU Board with BMA 180 accelerometer.

First I calibrated the acc levelling the quad, so I trimmed via radio trims the quad in acro mode then using sticks I done the same thing for the level mode.

PID Level P = 5 I = 0,050 D = 65

With these parameters the level seems to work but the quad rolls down or left without any correction to level it again.
Another strange behaviour is that the quad moves jerky.

Changing the PID values the behaviour change but without raching an affordable level.

Finally I changed the code in order to set BMA range to 4G

control = i2c_readReg(BMA180_ADDRESS, 0x35);
control = control & 0xF1; // save offset_x and smp_skip register
//control = control | (0x05 << 1); // set range to 8G
control = control | (0x04 << 1); // set range to 8G cahnged to 4G PAOLO

In this way the quad correction are smooth but again after some seconds the quad rools a bit and then stars to accelerate without any correction to recovery the level. :!:

Could you help me ?

fr3d

Re: Level Mode on MultiWii 2.0

Post by fr3d »

hello almost same config as you(I don't know your arms lenght and accus weight)
and same setup in my quadX
"after leveled as much as possible on desktop I do an acc calibration
original pids +throttle pid 0.2

acro mode trimmed by radio :
during flight only a few clicks, if CG is good, in roll,pitch and yaw without wind at one or two meter of high quadX is really stable in acro mode.

stable mode trimmed by software :
on ground motor off, throttle max, stable mode on. stick mouvement on opposite sides which quadx is tilting previously(it tilt to left i do 5 or 10 right roll sticks and less and less until
It didn't tilt).
"

ok now my quadx fly well in acro I use stable mode in emergency everything is ok during the 10 min of flight.
But when I flight all the time in stable mode the copter loose his neutral position it drift a lot !!

I've play with level Pids I've try with "D" term @ 99 and try to fly more than 2 minutes in stable mode ...
in my quadx after 1 or 2 min the copter is landing automatically :shock: no crash only a stable landing nice but not usefull.

I've tested heading hold but copter didint find his orientation if you push it in the air.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

same experience by me with different setup:
Suppo2212/13, Suppo 25A ESC, MiniWII, 1045 or 845 Prob.

1.rst I learned, that Trimming for stable only works, if calibrating is done bevore WITH RC (Gui-Calibrating was not enough)

2.nd same as decribe above: stablemode is not very stable, different every time fc try's to get copter horizontal... it's only more ore less horizontal. Switching to 1.9 stablemode is fine again (so no Hardwareproblem)

carter

Post by carter »

@TS

I have the same problem too.. my MWC is flashed with version 2... I start flying in STABLE mode.. all is well, trimmed in ACC so my quad wont drift.. the problem arises when I go higher (like 10-15feet) -OR- maybe after 2-3 minutes, does my quad ROLL TO THE LEFT, its like its been possesed :evil: .... so when THAT happens, I just roll it to the left to counter that behaviour...

how can I do FPV if this condition continues???

I have read some posts that version 1.7 & 1.9 have stable "STABLE" mode...

what to do?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

use latest dev version (from downloads section). It should include a relevant fix for 'stable' LEVEL problems.

charbot

Post by charbot »

Just tried the new DEV- stable mode is greatly improved,way less drift than 2.0. very stable! The GUI looks great too. sonar and optical support... awesome!