New Y6 is twitching.

tosjduenfs

New Y6 is twitching.

Post by tosjduenfs »

I've just finished building a Y6 today with original wmp and nk. I get twitching even with low p values and occasionally I lose all yaw authority and the heli will not respond to yaw inputs for several seconds and slowly spin. All the props are well balanced on a magnetic balancer. The wmp and nk are mounted with two layers of foam tape. Right now I am using the stock PID values. Is the twitching a symptom that is only caused by vibration or could there be other causes? Could it be higher kv motors? I am using 1400kv motors with 8x4.5 props.

cardboard

Re: New Y6 is twitching.

Post by cardboard »

i use 1400kv motos with 8x4 props, turnigy plush 10amps, 3cell. they work a treat so i think you can rule out motors

dhirajjadhao

Post by dhirajjadhao »

how you have mounted the controller board on the center plates.
Because in my case when i mounted the controller board with metal nut bolt it used to transfer lot of vibrations to the sensor.
Then i replaced metal nut bolts with the NYLON nut bolts and all the vibrations are like gone.
So if you are with the same situation then this solution can work.

tosjduenfs

Post by tosjduenfs »

I use nylon nuts, bolts and standoffs for all my multi builds. I think I will try changing the motor timing to see if that will help at all but I'm still looking for suggestions.

tosjduenfs

Post by tosjduenfs »

Well a bit of an update. I turned my motor timing on my escs to high which helped the twitching a good bit. I'm still having the problem where I lose control of yaw for a few seconds here and there. Any idea what that could be from? Maybe my ppm encoder? I don't have this problem with any other channels though.

nechaus

Post by nechaus »

whats the measured current draw?

waltr

Post by waltr »

Set up your copter as for "tuning on a string" and with the USB connected try to get it to twitch and see if the YAW channel input twitches or if the sensors twitch.
What are the YAW PIDS?

Tlochi

Post by Tlochi »

Hey, I was having a lot of trouble with the stock PIDs using a coaxial setup and it caused a similar rudder problem you described. I noticed that if the P or D values are too high for the Roll, Pitch, or yaw axis you can "overload" the flight controller somehow which causes stick inputs to be unresponsive. In the worst example of this, an X8 I was tuning would pitch back 180deg upside down and not respnd to roll/pitch inputs. The more common less catastrophic version of this for me was rudder, spinning 90 to 180 deg and then not responding, as you have experienced. For me, I turned down P and D for the Roll ad Pitch, and dialed just the P down on the Yaw. My tuning was based on the thought that, since I have more power at each axis, I should need less overall corrective force. Turning just the P down gave too much wobble, but as you can see in the pics below, pulling a little p and d got me stable and not "overloading" the flight controller. Of course our crafts are different, but you should be able to employ the same technique to avoid overloading the flight controller.

Of course I did all tuning with no auto level function.

Here are my PIDS for an X8 using sunnysky 2212 motors on 12" lower props and 11" upper props, versus the stock PIDs from a QuadX that ran great on the 11" props and those motors. Hope this helps.

Standard QuadX PIDs

X8 PIDs