BARO Mode climb/descend Rate issues

Sp1k3

BARO Mode climb/descend Rate issues

Post by Sp1k3 »

Hello,
I'm having two distinct issues in BARO mode.
When I want to climb the climb rate is extremely slow even at full throttle. However in Acro mode it climbs very fast. How do I tune that?

second issue I have is descend rate is not proportial to the stick input. Naza had dz/dt=throttle-1500. Instead what happens to me is that the quad starts descending very slowly and then starts accelerating. whereas the climb rate is constant. is this a bug? Or is there a fix for this?
Thanks
Sp1k3

Sp1k3

Re: BARO Mode climb/descend Rate issues

Post by Sp1k3 »

Since the ACC sensor already gives dz/dt, why cant we simply set the stick input proportional to this value?

treym

Post by treym »

because this is not how this flight mode is supposed to work .

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... lightmodes

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... itude_Hold

BARO - The barometer only is used, for the purpose of keeping a certain height. While there is an no other command from rc sticks.

Needs: gyro + acc + baro (acc is needed to estimate the Z acceleration in this mode)
You can activate BARO (ALT HOLD) and the GPS modes will use the same altitude.

Sp1k3

Post by Sp1k3 »

OK, but would it be possible to add a mode for MWC that would imitate the "attitude" mode of NAZA for begginers?
I mean you already have the ANGLE mode, if there was just an BARO mode that was capable of staying a the same height when in deadband, and when out the dz/dt=throttle-1500.
This way it would be possible to use a throttle stick that centers automatically and one doesnt need to change mode for ascending descending...
In FPV when you change mode you have to find the new throttle point where dz/dt=0, not so easy as in LOS flying especially if you are flying slow.
Could that be possible for the next software version? Where in the forum should I suggest this?
Thanks

akawings

Post by akawings »

i agree it is a bit disappointing. i know that in the software it allows for 300 cm/s (roughly 6 mph) of height increase while in baro but i have yet to see anything like that in real world standards. im using 2.3

i think what i will do is set up mixing on my radio to apply baro when throttle is near center but when above or below it will ascend or descend. that's my theory at least.