Yaw sensitivity problem

ben995

Yaw sensitivity problem

Post by ben995 »

I'm new to multicopters and multiwii.. On MultiWiiConfig there is no apparent sensitivity/attenuation adjustment. I've tried changing the rate and expo for throttle and pitch/roll but it doesn't change the fact that even if i breathe on the yaw stick, it changes motor speed drastically as seen on the config gui. If someone could shed some light on this it'd be appreciated. I haven't been able to get off the ground yet, it's frustrating...

scrat

Re: Yaw sensitivity problem

Post by scrat »

Try to decrease rc rate maybe or set some expo on Tx.

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

scrat wrote:Try to decrease rc rate maybe or set some expo on Tx.

RC rate as set in MWII GUI has no influence on YAW (as discussed in a thread from couple of days back).
@ben995: YAW on multicopter is far less effective than on CP heli so probably you will not have any issues flying with default setup.
Also on quad to get proper YAW response MWII must decrease rpm on two motors diagonally/front-back and increase on other two to keep quad stable/level.

Regards
Andrej

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

The way I address the YAW Sensitivity in my custom mixing is to divide axisPID[YAW] by two or what ever value is required in the Output.ino file.

scrat

Post by scrat »

crashlander wrote:
scrat wrote:Try to decrease rc rate maybe or set some expo on Tx.

RC rate as set in MWII GUI has no influence on YAW (as discussed in a thread from couple of days back).
@ben995: YAW on multicopter is far less effective than on CP heli so probably you will not have any issues flying with default setup.
Also on quad to get proper YAW response MWII must decrease rpm on two motors diagonally/front-back and increase on other two to keep quad stable/level.

Regards
Andrej

Sorry my bad.

ben995

Post by ben995 »

Thanks for the responses. I have it flying now even though there is considerable drift in the yaw. Pid numbers will most likely need tweaked..