Nasty feedback wobble in auto level

spagoziak

Nasty feedback wobble in auto level

Post by spagoziak »

Hi!

I'm just getting started on tuning the MWC, so oscillations and wobbling are certainly expected.

In WMP only, I see some slight wiggling on both pitch & roll. Some lessening of D and P alike, I suppose.

But when I turn on auto level, the wiggles start small and get increasingly larger until the thing is darn near spinning in place!

So the question is: is auto level strength too strong or are my P's and D's a bit too strong and autolevel is just enhancing their effect?

Alexinparis

Re: Nasty feedback wobble in auto level

Post by Alexinparis »

If the wobble is large in amplitude, the autolevel strength is maybe a little bit too high.
If the wobble is fast, the P term is maybe too high.

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Alexinparis wrote:If the wobble is large in amplitude, the autolevel strength is maybe a little bit too high.
If the wobble is fast, the P term is maybe too high.

Oh, that's interesting! I'd not have considered the speed of the situation to be an indicator.... in WMP it wobbles quickly, so P is just a tad too high. But in +acc, the amplitude increases... each wobble adds +3 degrees or more, and in just a few seconds it's rocking back and forth as though warthox was flying it!

I'll tone that autolevel down further :)

What exactly does the auto level term influence--speed to get level, lenience on being level?
Last edited by spagoziak on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Basically, the auto level is a superposition of the user input stick + a proportion of the computed angle.
It acts as a virtual stick input.
The autolevel term defines the angle proportion.

I'm working on another approach taking into account another term: the lateral acceleration which is independent of the angle. It should minimize drift

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Alexinparis wrote:Basically, the auto level is a superposition of the user input stick + a proportion of the computed angle.
It acts as a virtual stick input.
The autolevel term defines the angle proportion.

I'm working on another approach taking into account another term: the lateral acceleration which is independent of the angle. It should minimize drift

Dear lord Alex... what do you do for a living that something this COMPLICATED and BRILLIANT is done in your fun spare time? Amazing!!

oesti

Post by oesti »

My wobble in level mode is a slow one. It's fine for normal flying, but not great for video capture or FPV.

Is some wobble to be expected? With slow wobbles, is the P to low?

The initial ascent is done in level mode, later hovers are in acro mode (skip to ~2:40 for some speed rush):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYONQ8kMPY

Thanks