newest/stablest version

aster94

newest/stablest version

Post by aster94 »

hello

I'm not new to multicopters and arduino, but I never mixed them (I fligh with kk). Now I'm making a simple board and since I would like to use a gps and a barometer to have RTH and Alt hold I would like to use multiwii

my question is: which is the lastest and better version of the software to use these two functions?
from my online reseach it should be multiwii 2.4 (editing the config file version to 230) with winGui 2.3. is it correct?

by the way my electronic is: nano clone, gy-80, turnigy 6ch rc (PWM), hobbyking esc
while i m drawing the board on eagle i have a technical question: do i need to connect a ground for EVERY channel of the RC or just ane is enough? i think the second one but i would like to be sure

if you could take just a minute to answer if i m going in the correct direction it would be great

NFAZ10

Re: newest/stablest version

Post by NFAZ10 »

2.4 is latest. Only one ground needed

aster94

Post by aster94 »

thanks, i will try to make my board using this schematics (using a proper IMU board and
the gps uses an hardware or software port? from the code i would say it uses the only hardware port that the m328p has (so i will put it instead of the lcd adding the tx pin too). but i didn't look inside the code very in deep
i know that i2c gps are a good choise but i would rather use the serial connection
do you know if it is possible to have a hexacopter with gimbal?

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

I would prefer the Mega, not the ProMini. Only one serial port is a real pain. Also you have dedicated outputs for the gimbal.