ESC calibration is going insane

ocugod09

ESC calibration is going insane

Post by ocugod09 »

Hello,

Initially the ESC calibration is working fine (I turn on the transmitter, push the throttle to its max, wait for the ESC to beep, turn the throttle to its min and wait again for the throttle to beep). The motor now starts rotating as I move the throttle. The problem is when I move it about a quarter of its range or more up, the ESC beeps and the motors stop.
Does anyone now why the ESC is resetting?
Btw, this suddenly happened on all 4 ESCs of my quadcopter, it used to work fine..

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Kbev5709

Re: ESC calibration is going insane

Post by Kbev5709 »

ocugod09 wrote:Hello,

Initially the ESC calibration is working fine (I turn on the transmitter, push the throttle to its max, wait for the ESC to beep, turn the throttle to its min and wait again for the throttle to beep). The motor now starts rotating as I move the throttle. The problem is when I move it about a quarter of its range or more up, the ESC beeps and the motors stop.
Does anyone now why the ESC is resetting?
It's either a setting in firmware or a setting on your TX. Make sure that your config.h max throttle (ie. #define MAXTHROTTLE 1950) is set correctly.
Also, make sure your TX is centered on the throttle with 1000 minthrottle, 1500 mid, and 1950 or 2000 maxthrottle.
After all that is right, re-calibrate the ESCs with the FC removed from the circuit.
After any firmware mods and uploads, make sure you re calibrate your ACC and compass. Level trims will need to be reset too
ocugod09 wrote:Btw, this suddenly happened on all 4 ESCs of my quadcopter, it used to work fine..

Thanks very much in advance for your help!
After reading that last part I realized that I might be wrong on my diagnosis. Sounds to me like maybe you switched models on your TX without realizing it. This is probably the last thing it likely could be but one I would consider, considering that your problems just suddenly appeared and you seem to be perhaps a beginner. Does your TX store more than one model configuration? Mine stores like 20, and if I'm using the wrong model on the wrong quad, I get weird stuff like what you describe. Make sure you use the same one as the last time it worked correctly.