FAA gives reasonable solution

Kbev5709

FAA gives reasonable solution

Post by Kbev5709 »

The FAA has finally released a final set of rules in relation to the use of small UAS with regards to commercial use.

The new rule, which takes effect in late August, offers safety regulations for unmanned aircraft drones weighing less than 55 pounds that are conducting non-hobbyist operations.

Under the final rule, the person actually flying a drone must be at least 16 years old and have a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating, or be directly supervised by someone with such a certificate. To qualify for a remote pilot certificate, an individual must either pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center or have an existing non-student Part 61 pilot certificate. If qualifying under the latter provision, a pilot must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and must take a UAS online training course provided by the FAA. The TSA will conduct a security background check of all remote pilot applications prior to issuance of a certificate.

According to industry estimates, the rule could generate more than $82 billion for the U.S. economy and create more than 100,000 new jobs over the next 10 years.

Read the entire ruling at the link below.
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases ... wsId=20515

ditrone

Re: FAA gives reasonable solution

Post by ditrone »

government always ruins everything. How do "rules" generate money?

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

ditrone wrote:government always ruins everything. How do "rules" generate money?

Prior to this ruling, in the United States, the average person could not use their drone in a commercial venture. Period. You were not allowed (except for those that met the previous even more restrictive requirements.) Now, provided you follow the rules, you may make money. Where before it was virtually impossible to get an exemption unless you were a multi-million dollar budgeted TV network or movie production company, now the little guy quad flier can also go and help the farmers with aerial surveys and the real estate agents can legally post aerial shots of properties for sale, in the process, generating jobs and income for the small UAS operator. Simply put, that is how rules can generate money. You just gotta have rules designed to promote that, not squash it like it was before.

I agree, government ruined everything before this new ruling.

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

still not "allowed" because i would never submit to these ridiculous "rules"
I am glad the clowns at the faa came out with some dumb rules and at least clarified where they are thinking, regardless anything they do will be wrong.
Free market is what makes you free, not rules and regulations.
If the government really cared anything about any small business operator than they would simply stay the
hell out of they way and not create unnecessary rules, regulations and most importantly, fees (TAXES).

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

I don't think you should have to have a TSA check before posting a video of some real estate you are selling.
didn't have to before.
that is fascistic.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

I understand your feeling on government, but, like it or not, they regulate everything that flies commercially. Nothing I can do about that. That's what governments do. If there were no regulations I can imagine how many airplanes would crash every day. I think there would probably be 5 year olds working on assembly lines. The banks could take your money and tell you to ***k yourself and never get in trouble. People would run amok murdering and killing everyone they meet. There would be contaminated drinking water, people sawing down every tree they can steal for firewood because without regulation, the power company could rape peoples money so they couldn't afford to keep warm. Anarchy is no solution to people trying to live day to day.

The TSA check is put in place to weed out possible use of drones by terrorists as weapons. I personally agree with you on the point you make of these checks when it comes to flying a drone. The terrorist criminal is not going to do it legally anyway so the checks will not work at weeding out anyone. Try explaining that to ANY bureaucrat. With stuff like that, they just don't seem to understand. Thanks to lovely groups like ISIS though, we live completely differently than we did before 9/11. I am 61 years old and I remember quite clearly how nice things were before terrorism. Speaking of ISIS, there is a prime example of people living with no government rules. I don't know what country you live in, but I am personally thankful that my government keeps a strong military and does checks on people to at least try and keep that crap over there, and not here where I live.

As far as posting real estate videos, BEFORE THIS NEW RULING, NO ONE COULD LEGALLY USE DRONES FOR REAL ESTATE VIDEOGRAPHY IN THE USA (unless there were some real estate agents that actually worked under the rules in place at that time which meant a pilots license.) It was STRICTLY FORBIDDEN and if found to be breaking the old law you could be fined big time (and several people were prosecuted on these grounds.)
That is the essence of the new ruling. Now you CAN.

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

Kentucky USA, It's good the fed at least clarified them dumb selves.