MultiWii 2.6

VampireVomit

MultiWii 2.6

Post by VampireVomit »

Hi

Me and some friends at school figured that we would build a quadcopter as a school project, however, one in the group took the MultiWii and the other components home one day. From here, he tought that i would be a good idea to shove a direct 11.1 V (2200mAh) current on the poor sucker, so now, the on board LED-lights dont glow. How screwd are we?

Kbev5709

Re: MultiWii 2.6

Post by Kbev5709 »

VampireVomit wrote:Hi

Me and some friends at school figured that we would build a quadcopter as a school project, however, one in the group took the MultiWii and the other components home one day. From here, he tought that i would be a good idea to shove a direct 11.1 V (2200mAh) current on the poor sucker, so now, the on board LED-lights dont glow. How screwd are we?

Totally :o

VampireVomit

Post by VampireVomit »

I thought as much. Great... Thanks for the replay at least. So we don't have to freak out because we don't know whats wrong. Now we can freak out and point fingers even.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

VampireVomit wrote:I thought as much. Great... Thanks for the replay at least. So we don't have to freak out because we don't know whats wrong. Now we can freak out and point fingers even.

Yeah, normally these FCs shouldn't be supplied with more than the 5v DC that it would be getting from an ESC BEC (battery eliminator circuit) or UBEC (universal battery eliminator circuit) that one would normally hook it up to.
For your friend who bricked it for you.....battery eliminator circuit should be your important words in this reply.
Just for reference if you decide to start over with a new FC, the FC should be powered by the 5v output circuit in most ESCs (excluding opto) which is called a BEC or by a dedicated BEC called a UBEC which is not part of an ESC. Make sure that polarity is followed when supplying power.