Strange situation

JollyGreyFlyer

Strange situation

Post by JollyGreyFlyer »

Completed a set up with...
Cruis AIO pro & multiwii 2.4

All props going in the right direction and ESC calibrated.

System armed, motors spin immediately (no problems there).

Test flight OK.

Added some switch behaviour through the GUI (matched to the appropriate code), clicked on WRITE, all OK

Went to arm the motors, GUI showed ARMED, lights on board showed ARMED, motors only started at 3/4 throttle position. :?

Only way to get it to work was with EEPROM clear and reinstall sketch. If I write to EEPROM same thing happens?

Any ideas, many thanks

Kbev5709

Re: Strange situation

Post by Kbev5709 »

Did you perform the config.h ESC calibration where you take off your props and upload the calibration sketch?
Also, what is the "switch behavior" "matched to the appropriate code" that was added that caused this issue. A flight mode? Something else?

When you click on "Write" the FC receives all the parameters listed in the GUI and writes them to the FC. Maybe another parameter is being written along with the changes you made that has a result of messing with your throttle range and you are not aware that this parameter also needs modifying. I would go back over the entire PID section, checking things like Throttle Mid and Throttle Expo, Throttle PID Attenuation and any other section that could affect throttle when writing changes to the FC.

If the switch behavior you speak of is related to the Baro function then you need to learn all you can about exactly what the baro is for and what it does.

JollyGreyFlyer

Re: Strange situation

Post by JollyGreyFlyer »

Hi, thanks for such a details reply.

I have used the calibration sketch in the past but the motors were spinning correctly as they had been individually calibrated.

Switch behaviour was setting Aux1 to GPS hold, Aux 2 to RTH, etc. all things I have done before.

I haven't had time today to check the other areas i.e. PID etc, but I did do a GUI reset and it still didn't work until I cleared the Eprom etc.

My understanding of the Baro feature should hold the Hexa and the same height(ish). I do know that is not always very accurate and the application of foam over the FC is important.

I will check things over during the week and post any findings.

Once again, thanks for your help. Dave