Improvements to the Wiki: flightmodes

edsimmons3

Improvements to the Wiki: flightmodes

Post by edsimmons3 »

Hi all,

I'm working on improving the MultiWii wiki and I have made a start on a few pages.

I would like to know a few things:

Is it sensible that failsafe is commented out by default in config.h?
Is it intentional that mag mode is de-activated at 25 degrees pitch/roll whilst max nav bank angle is set to 30 degrees? Will this result in navigation in strong winds or at high speeds not using the mag?

Headfree mode confuses me a little, say I have it configured for an aux switch and I fly with it enabled for a while... then I disable headfree with the copter yawed to 90degrees round from my initial position, if I re-enable headfree does this now use the copter's current frame of reference as the new headfree direction, or does it still use my frame of reference? Is this the reason headadj exists? I don't feel this is sufficiently well explained...

Stable/level/acc/angle is a really confusing bunch of headings/links to flight modes that causes a bit of ambiguity for many users as can be seen in the discussions...
see http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... lightmodes
Am I correct in thinking that Angle mode is superceded by Horizon mode?
Is STable/Level/Acc the old name for Angle or Horizon mode? If so, should we tidy this heading to reflect the names of the modes and PIDs that people actually encounter when setting it up?

Thanks for any input...

Ed