Exactly 18 i2c errors crius aio pro

boaterguy

Exactly 18 i2c errors crius aio pro

Post by boaterguy »

I recently put a crius aio pro board on my quad with a neo6m. Every time I connect with the ezgui I get exactly 18 i2c errors. No more, no less. I haven't taken note if it shows on the multiwii config tool on my laptop.
It flies fine and never has more i2c errors after that.
What could be causing this?

pihlerm

Re: Exactly 18 i2c errors crius aio pro

Post by pihlerm »

Hi,
do you also have external MAG or gps on serial only?

I'm getting some I2C errors from an external mag chip, probably due to (bad) wiring and EM noise.
They come usually in multiples of 6. The counter is in multiwii, so you get the same number no matter what you look with (ezgui/wingui,..).
Do you have a bluetooth module for ezgui? Wifi? Cable?
In my experience, power surges while booting/connecting/etc. can cause more EM noise and/or brownouts.

I don't know if any of this helps, but perhaps somebody else will help us both ;)

boaterguy

Post by boaterguy »

I have the GPS on serial, there is an external mag but it is not hooked up, In all honesty it probably should be, the other one is relatively close to wiring.
Will multiwii save the I2C errors and only report them once connected? It seems that it doesn't matter if I connect it before or after a flight, I get 18 I2C errors.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Some i2c errors are no reason to worry as long as the error counter stops after the initialisation period (with up to 24 error). The explanation is just that the boot-up time for the flight controller is faster than the i2c devices. In multiwii 2.4 there are some changes which avoid those initial i2c errors.

boaterguy

Post by boaterguy »

I am running 2.4, so it should be avoiding that, but I guess there's just a long boot time on something.