Is my MultiWii 328P from HobbyKing defective?

Fredefup

Is my MultiWii 328P from HobbyKing defective?

Post by Fredefup »

Hi people!

I have just received parts for my first scratch build 250 quadcopter and I am having some issues with the flight controller.

The flight controller is a MultiWii P328P from HobbyKing (https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=36345).

When I access the board via the GUI, there is no online values in the graph - all graphs lay on top of each other and when I pitch and roll the board, nothing happens.

I will write descriptions of what I do and post some photos where it makes sense.

1. I connect the USB cable to the board.

2. I connect the USB cable to my computer and the board LEDs looks as in this photo (the photo is not of my board):
D1, D4 and D5 are constantly illuminated in the marked color. D2 and D3 are flashing briefly when powering on.

3. I enter the GUI, choose USB serial port, press start, D3 starts flashing rapidly and the GUI looks like this:
I have seen other 328P boards start flashing some blue LEDs when the board is being pitched and rolled - mine do not do that as you can see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPOIGGjI4U I'm sorry for the shitty quality. For some reason that was the highest possible upload resolution from my phone.

OK. Now we got this far.

After trying the above several times, I figured maybe updating to v2.4 would solve the problem but that didn't seem to work and I will now list what i did followed by photos where it makes sense.

4. I downloaded the folder with both GUI and software in v2.4. I downloaded the latest version of Arduino.

5. I go to the program folder and open "MultiWii.ino"

6. I set it up to whatever I prefer in config.h (none in this case as I just upload the standard version).

7. I choose USB com port

8. I choose the Arduino PRO og PRO mini board. The processor is Atmega 328 5v 16 Mhz
9. I press the green "download" button.

10. D3 on the board flashes every time the Arduino software attempts to download the software and I get the following error message:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

A complete log is available in this link http://www.viese.dk/forumbilleder/ismymultiwiifromhobbykingdefective.txt

I hope some of you wise people can point something out that I have forgotten or help me figure if the board really is defective and I can start an RMA at HobbyKing.

Thanks in advance.

handsomejackuk

Re: Is my MultiWii 328P from HobbyKing defective?

Post by handsomejackuk »

my board only lasted a few weeks and it lost its 3.3v power only one of the regulator led lights came on.. i contacted hobbyking and promplty had a a refund...

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

have you tried flashing the blink program in arduino to see if that blinks the led..?

. also do a eeprom clear sketch too.. first before you upload a new sketch....

markviese

Post by markviese »

Hi handsomejackuk and thanks you for your replies.

This is Frefefup writing from another account.

I'm sorry for not responding faster but I had some problems when switching the registred email from my work email to my private email - no confirmation email appeared.

OK!

I can't flash a clear eeprom, I get the same error message as the one mentioned above.

I'm not sure what the blink program is as this is my first multi but I'm pretty sure it will end up with the same error message as mentioned above.

I have startet a RMA at HobbyKing but apparently they want me to send it with the cheapest registred parcel to England, which costs about £20 here in Denmark. And apparently they expect me to pay for the return postage for their faulty item...

I have been connecting the ESCs since the original post and the ESC connected to D11, keeps beeping as there is no signal from the flight controller.