Multiwii gimbal (brushless)

ASAP

Multiwii gimbal (brushless)

Post by ASAP »

Is there any way to use a common multiwii fc board as a brushless gimbal (apart from the copter) ? I don't have the intention not only to use the board for my quadcopter gimbal, but also to create a sort of "steadycam". I've seen the option "#define GIMBAL" in config.h; does it refer to a servo gimbal or brushless one ?

FengShuiDrone

Re: Multiwii gimbal (brushless)

Post by FengShuiDrone »

The pin outs that are on the board and the code in config.h are there for a servo driven gimbal. Could you use the motor outs of a Multiwii board to drive a brushless gimbal as a gimbal controller? Hmmmm. Good question. :?: :shock: I'm not real sure but I think that would require an ESC for both Roll and pitch and some kind of change in the code to change the reactivity and speed of the motors. I don't see that as a practical solution to a brushless gimbal controller especially since they are pretty cheap to just buy.

Here's a video of my servo driven gimbal using the signal from the cam pins and power from a ubec.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIVYLmg5efE

ASAP

Post by ASAP »

Thank you for your explanation! Very good job with the servo one; what kinda servo would you suggest to make it as fluid as the BL one ? I mean, what characteristics for the servo motors ?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

An old thread about brushless Multiwii gimbal
viewtopic.php?t=2897