Random 1 motor power jump-Only happens once every 3/4 lipos

dod22

Random 1 motor power jump-Only happens once every 3/4 lipos

Post by dod22 »

Hi everyone,

So I've been flying with a Multiwii Pro (the red one from HK) for about 9 months now and it been great. But in the last week or so this problem keeps happening, sometimes It causes me to crash sometimes I can fight to keep it in the air until the problem stops.

The problem is that one motor (front left) randomly powers up much more than the other motors without my input. It only lasts for 3 to 5 seconds but thats enough to crash. Its only ever happened to me in ACRO mode but thats really cause I dont fly in horizon very often. I've already changed the motor and esc on that arm so i know (i hope) that its not that and I've re-calibrated the MAG and ACC countless time. Its so frustrating to diagnose because I could fly 3 batteries (roughly 30 minutes in the air) and nothing would happen and then half way through the forth it will happen . Or it will happen on the 1st battery of the day and then not happen in the next 40 minutes of flight time. Its driving me mad cause it makes me nervous to fly my quad it case it flips for no apparent reason at any moment.

Thanks for your help.

Heres my setup.

Motors: SunnySky x2212
ESCs: 30A Plush
Props 10x4.5 SF Props
Flight Controller: Multiwii Pro (2.3)
Frame: F450 clone

waltr

Re: Random 1 motor power jump-Only happens once every 3/4 li

Post by waltr »

That is a tough one.
Re-check the connectors between the ESC and the MWC board.
It could be a bad solder joint on the MWC board. Get another board to swap.

It could possible be some code is bad. Had this kind of problem on one board, flew great for a few batteries then just freaked out, then flew great again for a while. What I did that fixed it is:
Save all of the setting, PIDs, rates, etc (may need to write them down).
Load and run the Ardiuno clear_EEPROM sketch (in the examples).
Then re-load the MultiWii code and put all your setting back.
This may not fix it but its worth a try.