roll and pitch configurator problem

nelsig

roll and pitch configurator problem

Post by nelsig »

Hello,
I built my first quadcopter x shape... I'm trying now to understand how to configure it with the java software... it seems to work fine but when I start the programm the visual representation of rol and pitch are fine and then it's moving alone (without moving my quad at all)
is it normal ? is it due to the noise on sensors ? does it have to rest in place ?
the graph is ok every lines are flat, only the roll and pitch visuals on the right side are moving
and when moving the quad it reacts normaly but with an inclination offset
not sure it's clear :P

spagoziak

Re: roll and pitch configurator problem

Post by spagoziak »

nelsig wrote:Hello,
I built my first quadcopter x shape... I'm trying now to understand how to configure it with the java software... it seems to work fine but when I start the programm the visual representation of rol and pitch are fine and then it's moving alone (without moving my quad at all)
is it normal ? is it due to the noise on sensors ? does it have to rest in place ?
the graph is ok every lines are flat, only the roll and pitch visuals on the right side are moving

Have you calibrated the controller? With the motors not spinning, hold pitch down and yaw right. You'll see everything on the GUI go crazy for a sec, then things should smooth out.

Look here for a great starting guide for this wonderful platform: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348268

dodecopter

Post by dodecopter »

nelsig wrote:Hello,

hi,

it seems to affect the visulisation GUI only.

sometimes the visualisation on the right side in gui-window even freezes , sometimes it does what u described. - but my quadro flies great.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

if there is an offset, it's probably a ACC calibration problem.
(full yaw left + full pitch stick backward + min throttle)

nelsig

Post by nelsig »

thanks a lot ... seems it was a problem with my laptop (sometimes it makes so much noise I think it could fly) . The configurator is running realy bad on it .. tried to plug on an iMac and everything seems ok ... I recalibrated the acc and gyro with rc and now it's flat ...
another problem now with the configurator : sometimes the graph is stopping and and the app is freezing... I have to restart it. Don't know if it's a software problem or if it's due to the fact I plugged the wmp and nunchuck + and - alimentation directly to the rx (I saw somewhere it had to be connected on the arduino 12 and 13 pin to let the wmp and nunck to reboot if it freezes). Any issues with connecting it to the rx ?

Thanks a lot to all for your precious help
and thank you to the founder of this great project !!