Understanding MultiWii Code 2.3, RTH, Advanced Failsafe, GUI

mazerin

Understanding MultiWii Code 2.3, RTH, Advanced Failsafe, GUI

Post by mazerin »

Hello All,

First off, I'm new, this is my first post. I have spent the last 3 dayds reading through posts and trying to get a grasp of things. I have gained some knowledge but i will need real hand experience from those of you who have gone through this same process.

about 4 weeks I had to use a DJI Phantom to do some video shots for my company, they purchased it and no one new how to fly one. it took a day or so of practice with its Headfree function and i was able to do it. Got hooked a bit and purchase an Estes Proto-x, Blade Nano QX, then 1SQ, after days of playing with them, i found Hobby King and did some reading so started to purchase and build my own. I already purchase a bunch of items specifically the MultiWii Pro with GPS from HK, its on its way so i started reading about Arduino, Config.h, Gui, Failsafe, GPS, and so on.

i'm basically stuck, i know what i want to do but i need help trying to get there.

I understand this so far, the first thing i need to do is use Arduino to update the FC with the code, from there i can use the GUI to modify, calibrate, tune, configure, setup my Quad for flight. the code itself is still growing, so far i'm only interested in 2.2, the advanced failsafe functions with RTH, and RTL from NHA who developed on 2.2 but not with 2.3. at this point i would like to take his/her work and progress and port that over to the new 2.3. I cannot use the GUI unless the code has the instructions on how to configure, so i first need to start with the code

with that being my first goal, i also feel that as a newcomer, there isn't much of a starting point to get into this. I cannot find documentation for understanding the code and all the tabs in the code when i open them in Arduino. Can someone point me in the right direction? documentation, information on what i should look at first, sites that can help. i basically want to understand the purpose of each file and the data that is contained in them for Quad flying;

Alarms
EEPROM
GPS
IMU
LCD
MultiWii
Output
RX
Sensors
Serial
Config
def
Types

I can see that the description is basically common sense, but i'm looking for the logical relation to each tab. the starting point is Config.h, and commands in there reflect other sections for the code. i assume i just cannot take the defined code in config.h and open the new 2.3 and paste the data into the config.h section and expect it to work, or can i?

in the config.h file, there are different sections;

Base Setup
Copter options
RC system
CPU / Boards
Alternate Setups
Opt features
Tuning
etc... etc..

I assume that the failsafe options point to sections like GPS for RTH and maybe EEPROM, is there documentation or someplace that i can go to find out the relationships with config.h and the other tabs?

How do i take a section such as advanced failsafe with functions like RTH and Autolanding from a different code to a new code. this is my end goal, and in order to do this i need help understanding how the code works so i can start working on it.

if I'm in the wrong section, i can move this post, but your help would be greatly appreciated as i will definitely share my progress with everyone.

thanks,

Maz

Corrado

Re: Understanding MultiWii Code 2.3, RTH, Advanced Failsafe,

Post by Corrado »

Hi Maz
I have also in trouble: I can not figure out how to turn on Tx (Turnigy 9x) function RTH. What AUX switch is activated and how to connect MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w_MTK GPS Module to the Rx Turnigy?
You've solved your problems with MW FC PRO? You can help me? Perhaps the Rx Turnigy not expected RTH. Hello, Corrado