Roll returns to zero pretty slow after fast moves.

arettig

Roll returns to zero pretty slow after fast moves.

Post by arettig »

First I'd like to thank everybody for that great project!
I build my first MultiWii Quad that spring and it flew right from the beginning! It is great fun to fly and to improve.
I'm flying a +-Quad with original WMP and Nunchuck on a Paris 3.0 Board. Keda 20-28, Pentium 18A, 10x4.5 Props. Pretty close to the recommendations.

After a little exercising, I started to fly a little bit faster and tried my first flips. I experienced the copter to drift very fast in one direction in Level-Mode after very fast moves (like a flip). It takes about 5 seconds until it stabilizes again.

I could observe exactly the same behaviour in the Software when connected. When I move the copter, everything is fine and following its orientation.
When I shake it very rough along the roll-direction, it needs a few seconds to return to neutral position in the software-display after stopping to shake the copter. It creeps slowly until it's horizontal again. It is always the same direction (hanging to the right).
The readout from the sensors is perfect - the curves are returning to their zero-Levels right after stopping to shake.
I played around a little with the pitch PID, but couldn't notice any difference according that behaviour (and in my understanding PID shouldn't influence the position display in the software, should it?).
The Nunchuk and WMP are well-fixed on dampening tape and I checked them twice.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix that? Prop's are cheap, but not free of charge ;-)

EDIT: Same behaviour with Pitch.

Thanks in advance and happy hovering
Andreas