GUI-settable parameters “MULTIPLE_CONFIG_PROFILES"

alll

GUI-settable parameters “MULTIPLE_CONFIG_PROFILES"

Post by alll »

Hi,

I was wondering what GUI-settable parameters are included in the “MULTIPLE_CONFIGURATION_PROFILES”? The usage is not straight foreward.
Is there a way to have different “rates” selectable via tx-switch? (or inflight adjustable via proportional channel)?

Manu
PS: the new2.3 yaw PID implementation (when correctly set) is magnificent, thanks Alex!

treym

Re: GUI-settable parameters “MULTIPLE_CONFIG_PROFILES"

Post by treym »

Is there a way to have different “rates” selectable via tx-switch? (or inflight adjustable via proportional channel)?

yes, there is this code .. you can have more info here

This proposal allow a mild version of expo/rate for precision then another set for acro or more aggressive maneuvers.

alll

Post by alll »

In original release 2.3, are only these values : int16_t accZero[3]; and int16_t magZero[3];affected by MULTIPLE_CONFIGURATION_PROFILES in readGlobalSet();?

I still don't get the "big advantage" of using MULTIPLE_CONFIGURATION_PROFILES .

manu

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

Imagine you usual do sport flying that needs the PIDs tuned for that but you are on the field and want to do some stable flying to get some nice video footage. You would land, change to your "stable" profile with the sticks and start flying again. At least is how I see the use of this feature.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

alll

Post by alll »

Yes, this is what i want to achieve with "multiple profiles"

Via aux switch (inflight or if this is not possible unarm/arm), have different rates, and if possible PID too!
Is this is how "multiple profiles" works?

thanks,
Manu

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

alll wrote:Via aux switch (inflight or if this is not possible unarm/arm), have different rates, and if possible PID too!
Is this is how "multiple profiles" works?

Currently I think only works with stick combination. Check the stick configuration help file here: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/browse/#svn%2Fbranches%2FHamburger

alll

Post by alll »

I know how to change profiles (0,1,2) via stick, but could not setup different profiles in the GUI!
and I still don’t know what parameters are or can be part of a profile?
manu

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

I never tried the multiple profiles before, I didn't had the option compiled since I use the Android EZ GUI app to make all the changes (thank you Ezio). I just compiled the firmware and opened the MultiWiiConf to see the options. It's not easy to find but it's there, the number changed when I used the stick combination:

MultiWiiConf-0.png
(5.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet

MultiWiiConf-1.png
(5.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

MultiWiiConf-2.png
(5.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet

You just need to change the profiles, make the changes and save it. Then you can do the same to the other profile. If you change between them you will see the numbers change. I hope this can help you.

ezio

Post by ezio »

EZ GUI supports profiles too.
You can select a profile in "Misc"

alll

Post by alll »

Still have this question:
Are ALL Gui settable parameters settable in the 3 profiles? In other words, can I have 3 sets of all PIDS/rates/… etc.?
If yes, how to set them via the gui, what is the sequence to save the profiles.
This would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Manu

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

From the tests I did, what I understood was to choose a profile, make the changes and save them. Then choose other profile, make the changes and save them. It seems that for each profile you have all the configurations available, like the PIDs, the RATEs, the EXPOs, etc. I think all available configs on that "session" are saved in a different profile. You can always test a see for yourself.

ezio

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:Still have this question:
Are ALL Gui settable parameters settable in the 3 profiles? In other words, can I have 3 sets of all PIDS/rates/… etc.?
This would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Manu

I haven't used it at all but from what I can say you can 3 sets of PID and AUX not sure about the rates but they should be saved too.
You just simply select the profile set it as you want then you can select another one set it and go back to the first one... You get the idea.

Bart

ezio

Post by ezio »

ezio wrote:
alll wrote:Still have this question:
This would be wonderful.
Thanks,
Manu

I haven't used it at all but from what I can say you can save 3 sets of PID and AUX not sure about the rates but they should be saved too.
You just simply select the profile set it as you want then you can select another one set it and go back to the first one... You get the idea.

Bart

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

I'm wodering why this great feature isnt discussed more often. Many users should use it because there are often done changes to the copter which require different settings, e.g.:
- flying with or without Actioncam
- flying with different Lipos (different mAh as well as different No. of Cells)
- flying LOS or FPV

Just now I make my first attempts to use the feature of multiple (3) sets of settings (MW 2.3).
In the Sketch "#define MULTIPLE_CONFIGURATION_PROFILES" has to be activated and uploaded to FC.
After some trying to do differnt settings using gui I was confused by where to change Profile and "whitch Profile do I save when I hit write now" I decided to work with gui and RC in parallel.

Profile is selecte by RC with this Stickcombinations:
YAW(low) & Throttle(low) &....
Profile 0: Roll(left)
Profile 1: Pitch(full)
Profile 2: Roll(full)
On Mode2-Controllers it looks quite locical: left Stick downleft and right stick selects Profile by left=0 or up=1 or right=2.

Now I found working way to set different Profiles:
- start gui, select COM-Port and press "start" as usual
- Select Profile by RC. selected Profile is recogniced by gui in the upper left corner.
- Press "read" in gui (settings are NOT updated automatic when selecting Profile)
- configure settings as needed for this profile
- press "write"
- Select next Profile by RC
- Press "read"....

Tomorrow I will do first flighttests in field to prove functionality of multiple Profiles and report...

waltr

Post by waltr »

I use this feature on all my quads for different purposes.
On my Acro quads I have PIDs and Rates in different profiles to run a 3s or a 4S battery. Then a profile with mild "slow flying" rates.
On my mini_H (Nase32 clone & BF which has the exact same features as MW), One profile is for experimenting with PID/rate changes at the field. These are easy to change with the minimOSD, googles and stick commands. I use a different profile so I don't totally ruin a set of PID/Rates that does work.

The best I have determined every setting that is available to change in the MWconf.exe GUI can be different in each profile (need to check on the AUX switches). This include min throttle and FS THR in the SETTINGS tab (important with 3S verse 4S battery).

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

aux switches are dependig on Profile, can be different. I'm not shure about min- and FS-Throttle.... ...thank you for the Hint fro fs-Throttle.... ....adjusted for 3S could easy become an flyaway @4S...

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Additionally to PIDs etc, for all features which require a value and are marked with (*) in config.h, those values are definitely stored in each profile.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

today test in the field showed: It works as expected. One should keep in mind, that values for the servos also depend on the profile..

I didn't manage in the field to edit them as needed but I remember that saving them was not as easy as expected with only one Profile too... ...there was something like "dont hit write on the main page otherwise the old values are stored again" or something like this but I think this would be another thread because it isn't bound to multiple profiles...

I want to say thank you for this great peace of software, here with one more outstanding feature missing in other FC's :-)

loeten

Post by loeten »

Hello and good to here that it works, if you choose profiles by stick command! But did anybody make it choosing the profiles to set in the GUI? (with the select slider down right)? I fear it does not work in pure 2.3 .. ?

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

For me the Profileselection in the gui works. First you have to slide Profile to the numer you want (0, 1, 2), after that you have to klick on "select setting" and profile is active, actual values of the profile are already shown (which is NOT the case selecting the setting with Sticks, with Sticks you have to hit "Read" to get actual Values.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

Selecting the Profile with Sticks gives you the possibility to (partly) copy onr Profile to another:

1. select the source-Profile and hit "read"
2. select destination-Profile with Sticks and hit "write"

Values are copied. But: BE CAREFULL: at least the servo-settings are NOT copied, I didn't check every single Value wether it was copied or not, I think all of the Main-page and the "Settings"-Page as well but have an eye on that...

This part is a little buggy..