Weird ESC Signal. Please Help!!

yoraish

Weird ESC Signal. Please Help!!

Post by yoraish »

I just finished assembling a brand new quad with a MultiWii SE V2.5 flight controller.
When I try to power up the motors, one ESC stays "off". It only engages at high speed demand.
After I checked I found out that the problem is in the board pin D11 output, as all the motors and ESCs are fine.

How can I solve that problem? Maybe a software malfunction? Can I control the motor using other pins?

Thanks!
yoraish

mopedcrosser

Re: Weird ESC Signal. Please Help!!

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

does the ESC arm normally if you use a PIN that´s normally meant for another motor ? You know what I mean ? Just try to switch 2 escs and see if the other one (which arms at different pins without flaws ) doesnt arm as well. I assume you did not calibrate it to your throttle range...

Best regards

Seb

yoraish

Re: Weird ESC Signal. Please Help!!

Post by yoraish »

yes, the esc is working fine on other pins. When I put another esc on D11 it acts weird as well.
Right now I can not get the motors to turn at all. When I try and upload code all I get is this message:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

The only thing happens now is the blue LED blinking. WhenI arm the quad it blinks more rapidly.

I am clueless..

First I thought the board is damaged, although its sensors were good. When connected with FTDI the Multiwii GUI worked properly. Still, I decided to try and check if the FTDI was working well.
So I used an Arduino Uno as a FTDI like shown here : http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino ... TDI-Progr/

This time, I received no errors while downloading the program onto the board, but the GUI showed only partial info if any.
After using the Uno as FTDI the board refused to make the motors spin by the command of the Transmitter. It only flashed its blue LED.

Well, I'm really confused, I don't know if the FTDI is broken or even if the "Uno Method" is actually working! Maybe just giving a bad upload. Because the program had changed. My assumption is that this particular MultiWii board is no good..