problem with RTH

i3dm

problem with RTH

Post by i3dm »

Hello guys,

i set up a HK MWii pro board (red) with MTK GPS (flashed Multiwii V2.2) an did the flight mode definitions, ACC calibration and mag calibration.

manual mode (auto level) is great. GPS hold / alt hold drifts about 10m in x,y axis and 1-2m in z (altitude) axis.

but when i try RTH the quad starts spinning (piroueting) , sometimes flying towards home and sometimes not - something is clearly wrong here.

about the GPS hold and alt hold problems - i think its mainly PID setup.
can you offer some assistance on the RTH issue though please? this one is strange.

Also any good videos of GPS hold / Alt hold of V2.2 ?

PatrikE

Re: problem with RTH

Post by PatrikE »

Have you checked in Gui what happens with MAG direction when you apply power.
If it changes the Battery cables is too close to the Mag and disturbs the magnetic fields.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Yes. Typical symptom for mag sensor distortion. If possible move components on copter around.

i3dm

Post by i3dm »

i see - thanks for the tip.
im also using MAG in GPS hold and dont see any problems - so why is it only happening in RTH?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

In theory....
In Hold the throttle stays quite constant and MAG-disturbance don't change.
In RTH throttle needs to compensate altitude harder during forward flight and affects MAG much more.

Check in the gui to see if MAG changes with throttle.
/Patrik

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

i3dm wrote:but when i try RTH the quad starts spinning (piroueting) , sometimes flying towards home and sometimes not - something is clearly wrong here.

you should probably set everything to false here:

Code: Select all

#define NAV_CONTROLS_HEADING       true      // copter faces toward the navigation point, maghold must be enabled for it
    #define NAV_TAIL_FIRST             false     // true - copter comes in with tail first
    #define NAV_SET_TAKEOFF_HEADING    true      // true - when copter arrives to home position it rotates it's head to takeoff direction

i3dm

Post by i3dm »

it was the mag indeed. board was moved further away fron the wiring and RTH works better now.

anyone knows how to enable autoland in MWii 2.2?