Arduino IDE required?

CSchulz

Arduino IDE required?

Post by CSchulz »

Hello,

I found yesterday the MW v2.2 and it contains mostly .ino files.
Do I need to compile and similar Arduino IDE?

sismeiro

Re: Arduino IDE required?

Post by sismeiro »

Hi, you need to edit the config.h file according to your necessities like the FC, TX, etc. Then you should use the Arduino IDE to compile and upload the software to the FC. I think this is the easiest way to do it. BR, Luis Sismeiro

CSchulz

Post by CSchulz »

Hello,

thanks for your fast answer. I have installed Eclipse with WinAVR and the needed plugin for compiling. Works fine so far.

I was just confused, why there are mostly .ino files in the release/svn tag and in the main trunk folder.

Perhaps someone can explain me the difference between shared and trunk.
I have read something about that the trunk folder is the working place of Alex (?). Is he working with Arduion IDE?
The shared folder for everyone else who want to commit stuff.
Do we have then two "trunks" or are they synced time by time?

CSchulz

Post by CSchulz »

I have used now Arduino to flash my board, because I don't know which programmer I shall select by avrdude. :roll:
If anyone knows how I determine which programmer I need I would be glad to hear about it.

But basically I don't like Arduino IDE :D

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

CSchulz wrote:I have used now Arduino to flash my board, because I don't know which programmer I shall select by avrdude. :roll:
If anyone knows how I determine which programmer I need I would be glad to hear about it.

But basically I don't like Arduino IDE :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War
maybe you should understand how Arduino IDE works before avoid it ;)

CSchulz

Post by CSchulz »

Hello Alex,

thanks for your response. Perhaps you can tell me what are the differences between shared and trunk. :)

Hum ... I am missing only one detail ... The settings for avrdude to switch back to eclipse. ;)
At the moment I am using Arduino IDE and understand Sketches and the file formats and so on, but in general I like SVN support and similar built-in.
But I think I have found the problem why I can't use eclipse http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Eclipse#OtherIssues (Arduino target reset for uploading).

I will check it and report back. ;)