MultiwiiGUI slow on blutooth

fpv_downunder

MultiwiiGUI slow on blutooth

Post by fpv_downunder »

Hi Guys,

I got my bluetooth module today from RCTimer and have connected it to my CRIUS AIO Pro, I'm using MultiWiiConf_2_1 but the update rate seems really slow compared to USB, does anyone know a fix for this? (I'm using OSX btw, plz dont hold that against me :D )

LenzGr

Re: MultiwiiGUI slow on blutooth

Post by LenzGr »

Are you using the same baud rate on both connections?

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

The board is running 115200, but I can't find where to set the speed in the multiwiiconf app..

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

OK so i've confirmed its not baud rate issue

LenzGr

Post by LenzGr »

If the baud rate is the same, I'm afraid I don't have any better clue. I don't use a Mac, but maybe it's how Mac OS communicates with the Bluetooth adapter? Is it an external one, or built-in? What do you mean by "slow"? Is the GUI reacting sluggish/choppy to changes? Is the slowness dependent on distance between copter and computer?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I use an external usb bluetooth dongle on Mac. I seem to get more than one update per second (no idea of actual number).
Give us a hint how often you see the gyro sensor numerical values on the left updated.

fpv_downunder

Post by fpv_downunder »

I'm getting about one update a second, which is maybe as good as its going to get? It's definitely much more fluid/faster update over usb.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I'd say just live with what you get.
BT communications is known to be slow for multiple back-and-forth protocols. The new MWiiSerialProtocol makes the GUI use such interaction scheme, so it will be slow over BT; cannot do anything about it (short of changing the protocol)

weisseruebe

Post by weisseruebe »

Had the same problem with my MBP. I used a cheap external BT dongle which worked fine, like USB. After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 from 10.7, internal BT is fast, too!
Which Mac OS are you using? If you have 10.7, I would recommend 10.8. If you have 10.6, kepp it as long as possible and get a BT adapter ;-)

scrat

Post by scrat »

I have MPB late 2012 with 10.8.2 and GUI over internal BT is very slow about one update per 3 seconds. So I'm using PC for BT connections.