Quadcopter oscillations

jayanthyk192

Quadcopter oscillations

Post by jayanthyk192 »

Hi all,

I am building a quadrotor and I'm writing the software myself. I did the following using only the proportional value: if error is +ve increase one motor speed and decrease other,if -ve do opposite.i also tried increasing and decreasing only one motor speed, but all i'm getting is out of control oscillations. i increased esc refresh rate from 500 to 750hz but not much change. what is wrong? I know the PID is best but I'm trying to discover the faults and then finally use the PID.

Thank you.

hkubota

Re: Quadcopter oscillations

Post by hkubota »

jayanthyk192 wrote:Hi all,

I am building a quadrotor and I'm writing the software myself. I did the following using only the proportional value: if error is +ve increase one motor speed and decrease other,if -ve do opposite.i also tried increasing and decreasing only one motor speed, but all i'm getting is out of control oscillations. i increased esc refresh rate from 500 to 750hz but not much change. what is wrong? I know the PID is best but I'm trying to discover the faults and then finally use the PID.

Thank you.

Decrease your P until the oscillation go away.

ditrone

Re: Quadcopter oscillations

Post by ditrone »

Excellent, solution i was looking for. If anyone else's aircraft is wobbling all over the damn place. Start with that, decrease P on pitch and roll until it goes away.