Strong vibration

lucaszanella

Strong vibration

Post by lucaszanella »

Really strong :(

I changed to new unnused props and they are still vibrating. I can really see the vibration on the GUI, but the props are new and I'm not using prop saver. The motors are attached good and the board is well parafused on the frame.

What can I do to reduce vibration?

Any filter recommended?

lucaszanella

Re: Strong vibration

Post by lucaszanella »

Here's a video of its vibration! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6XwoVMXcY

hkubota

Post by hkubota »

Wondering if you can even bring this up in the air. Prop wash does not make a quad very stable.
I'm assuming the motors are running nicely (without prop, but with prop adapter if possible) and the props are balanced.
And you use not level mode, but acro mode (so the vibrations which usually throw off the accelerometer don't matter too much).

And the PID values would be useful. And how you mount the FC to the frame.

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

For your reference this is the video of my Xcopter flying and the sensor noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2W4mt_dY8

I think this is want you need to accomplish to have a stable flight.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

lucaszanella

Post by lucaszanella »

Yeah the motors are ok! Don't know why this is happening. The props are new, never used!

Your GUI data are so perfect, wish mine was like this :(

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

new props are not balanced ! Also mounting the flight control straight to frame transfers more vibration to gyro's so you might wan't to remount it with some thick foam tape !

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

lucaszanella wrote:Yeah the motors are ok! Don't know why this is happening. The props are new, never used!

You can see the photos of the building of my Xcopter and get some ideas since my frame was originally like yours:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1024152087 ... XcopterMk2
https://picasaweb.google.com/1024152087 ... ctoXcopter

I didn't do anything special to isolate the vibrations, the sensor board need to be well fixed and cannot move when the multicopter changes directions, that will introduces new problems.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

i noticed that your sensors are all turned on when you were doing your ground tests. leave all sensors turned off until your in the air and stable.

the only sensor you need to get stable is the gyro, its on by default, you cant turn it off.

the other sensors will give you issues for now. for instance

your accelerometer is very sensitive to ground wash (the air being pushed by your props into the ground and forced straight back up into your copter, you need at least 3 feet of clearance to remove wash)
your barometer isnt effective until its at least 10 feet in the air (I believe) having it on at ground level is completely ineffective.
magnetometer doesnt matter so much i think, mine is on most of the time due to my copter constantly yawing to the left.

lucaszanella

Post by lucaszanella »

tovrin wrote:i noticed that your sensors are all turned on when you were doing your ground tests. leave all sensors turned off until your in the air and stable.

the only sensor you need to get stable is the gyro, its on by default, you cant turn it off.

the other sensors will give you issues for now. for instance

your accelerometer is very sensitive to ground wash (the air being pushed by your props into the ground and forced straight back up into your copter, you need at least 3 feet of clearance to remove wash)
your barometer isnt effective until its at least 10 feet in the air (I believe) having it on at ground level is completely ineffective.
magnetometer doesnt matter so much i think, mine is on most of the time due to my copter constantly yawing to the left.

Yep, they're all on but even with all them off the quadcopter still flying REALLY BAD, like... I give full throttle and it flies in a maximum of 1,5 meters...

It's really vibrating!!

:( :( :( don't know how to solve it. I believe even if the propellers are unballanced they wouldn't do all this vibration.

:( please somebody help me

lucaszanella

Post by lucaszanella »

sismeiro wrote:
lucaszanella wrote:Yeah the motors are ok! Don't know why this is happening. The props are new, never used!

You can see the photos of the building of my Xcopter and get some ideas since my frame was originally like yours:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1024152087 ... XcopterMk2
https://picasaweb.google.com/1024152087 ... ctoXcopter

I didn't do anything special to isolate the vibrations, the sensor board need to be well fixed and cannot move when the multicopter changes directions, that will introduces new problems.

Thank you, youré using the same frame as me, and our quadcopters migth be the same weight.
I'm doing exactly the same as you, but without the CD case...

hkubota

Post by hkubota »

It's really vibrating!! please somebody help me

As stupid as it sounds, you have to get rid of the vibrations. There are only few possibilities: motors (remove props and prop adapter), prop and prop adapter. And the prop wash if you happen to have loose parts vibrating in the prop wash.

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

I believe even if the propellers are unballanced they wouldn't do all this vibration.

but it is increasingly more difficult to find the remaining vibration if you dont start removing known existing vibration causing problems first.

have you tried using the LPF for your acc?

also, i see in one picture you have bullet connectors between your motors and ESC's, in my personal experience my copter suddenly started handling more responsively the day i soldered my motors directly to my ESC leads. it was night and day difference in my case.