In MultiWiiConf 2.1, what does "Save" actually save?

signal15

In MultiWiiConf 2.1, what does "Save" actually save?

Post by signal15 »

Does it just save PID and AUX settings, or does it save things not exposed in the GUI (like mag/gyro calibration, and acc calibration/trim)?

What about things that are not used? For example, some people were having problems with their copters yawing to one side when Mag mode was on, but then erasing the EEPROM using a tool from Arduino 1.0.1 fixed the issue. If I had the issue, wiped the EEPROM, and then reloaded my settings from a saved file, would it write out the individual settings, or would it restore an image of the old EEPROM?

treym

Re: In MultiWiiConf 2.1, what does "Save" actually save?

Post by treym »

the "save" is saving all the parametere send to the flight control by the gui except the aux settings .

rc.rate
rc.expo
rc.rollpitch.rate
rc.yaw.rate
rc.throttle.rate
rc.throttle.mid
rc.throttle.expo
power.trigger
+
all pids

the mag and acc calibration are stored in the eeprom , your proposal will induced that the serial protocol would transmit the eeprom (or part of ) content ,
we want to transmit the value without knowing how they will be stored on the uav , some specific msp message must be added (or superseded )

signal15

Re: In MultiWiiConf 2.1, what does "Save" actually save?

Post by signal15 »

Got it. So if I blow away the EEPROM, I've gotta restore my save file, but then recalibrate gyros, acc, and mag. And then manually trim my acc again. Oh, and set my aux buttons.

It would be nice if there was a way to store calibrations and ACC trim.