rear left motor problem

trevthegrilk

rear left motor problem

Post by trevthegrilk »

Hi all, just received my cruis lite board and put it on my frame after a bit of messing I have it all working in the gui, but what ever I do the rear left motor channel is higher than the others, I have calibrated the ACC and board it level, same problem if I calibrate at an angle(rear left still high).
All trims on TX are certer
What could i have missed ( I hope its somthing stoopid i missed not a bad sensor)
if in stable mode it seems to get worse and worse until the quad flips :cry:
Thanks

griffc

Re: rear left motor problem

Post by griffc »

Hi - did you make any progress with this? Im seeing the same behaviour on my quad ...

Regards

Corrie

UndCon

Post by UndCon »

Did you calibrate all 4 ESC min/Max settings?

I soldered a small dongle so I can calibrate 6 ESC's at the same time

if it does not help try clearing EEPROM and start all over

bill516

Post by bill516 »

You answered you question, all Tx trims are centre. Until you do the inflight calibration or manually trim the copter inflight the motor rpms are unlikely to be balanced. Once you have done the Tx trim via GUI and flight test you Tx trims will not be in the centre. Once you have done the in flight trim then your Tx trim needs to be in the centre.

Even thought you have calibrated the esc's you have only told them what the max and min settings are. What calibration does not do is take into account the variables within the motor, condition of bearings, windings, magnets etc all of which will have an effect on the motor performance, this is why we have to trim to take into account these variables.