Receiver center value not 1500

sismeiro

Receiver center value not 1500

Post by sismeiro »

Hi to all,

This is my first post and I would like to thank the creator of the MultiWii and the community behind it for their work. I love Arduino and multicopters, MultiWii this is the perfect mix of both. :)

Second, I am bulding a quadcopter using the MWC Crius SE board to fly in X mode. My problem is with the receiver and the center value that it has. The Tx/Rx combo is an old 6 channels Multiplex Europa Sprint that I think I can use and since I have it I don't want to buy a new Tx/Rx if I don't have to.

The problem is that the center value is 1640, not 1500 as expected. I configured de MIDRC value in the config.h but when I use the MultiWii GUI I can't get the lower value for all controls to be bellow 1260.

Can I use the MultiWii with this Tx/Rx and the center value of 1640? Do I need to change anything in the code?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

ronco

Re: Receiver center value not 1500

Post by ronco »

Hi Luis,

i have that old europa sprint tx too .. and you can trim its midlle value with one small potentiometer inside it.
eurosprintTX.jpg

regards

felix

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

Uau! That is dead simple to solve that way. Glad to see that the "old" Europa Sprint can be useful for my quadcopter. :)

I must be very lucky today to find probably the only other guy with an Europa Sprint using it for quadcopters with MultiWii and with an answer for my problem. Many thanks for the tip. :)

Edit: just to tell that it worked. Is this enough to use my Tx/Rx with MultiWii or there are more tricks? :)

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

So now I can center the sticks at 1500 with the trim at the middle but I can only go from 1038 to 1938 at the up level. On the MultiWii FAQ page (http://www.multiwii.com/faq) we have:

The motors still do not start or start but do not stop any more

You have to adjust the travel of your channels so it has a range from 1000 to 2000 on the GUI.
Most likely you need to extend your channel endpoints on your transmitter so the minimum & maximum request is changing from 1000 to 2000.

Can I use MultiWii with my receiver values or I have to fine tune anything more in the Tx?

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

KeesvR

Post by KeesvR »

I think it will work, if not you can change the mincheck value (for example to 1140) in MultiWii.
// ******************
// rc functions
// ******************
#define MINCHECK 1100
#define MAXCHECK 1900

I think when you get this range 1100 to 1900 it will work.

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi,

and yes! 1038 to 1938 will work fine.

regards

felix

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

ronco wrote:Hi,

and yes! 1038 to 1938 will work fine.