HELP NOOB How to update 1.7 to 1.9

iflyhawks

HELP NOOB How to update 1.7 to 1.9

Post by iflyhawks »

I have no idea where to start in upgrading from 1.7 software to 1.9 software. Is there a guide somewhere or some simple instructions? I dowloaded the 1.9 GUI but don't know how to upload it to the controller board. I am flying a Quadrion board with Multiwii 1.7. Please help?

iflyhawks

Re: HELP NOOB How to update 1.7 to 1.9

Post by iflyhawks »

That link didn't help me at all. I can't just double click on the .pde file. It doesn't open. What program do I need to open that?

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

You open the project with Arduino IDE.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
V1.9 is compatible with Arduino 0023.

Check the Wiki on
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/multiwiicopter-wiki

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

Thank you PatrikE. I got the code and te IDE to run. I tested the blink code and it worked great. But when trying to upload the 1.9 software ther are multiple errors. First one "expected unqualified-id before 'public' Any suggestions????

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

Seems like something is missing!..
Have you unpaccked all files to same directory?
When i do that and doubleclick on MultiWii_1_9.pde I can compile it direct.
Both boards compile correct when uncommented.

Code: Select all

#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  with BMP085 baro     <- confirmed by Alex
//#define QUADRINO_ZOOM   // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition       <- confirmed by Alex

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

But when trying to upload the 1.9 software ther are multiple errors. First one "expected unqualified-id before 'public' Any suggestions?

Do you mean you see this error when you upload V1.9?

Code: Select all

MultiWiiConf_1_9:-1: error: expected unqualified-id before 'public'

If so, then you've loaded the wrong pde files because that is the PC configuration application's source code (you've ventured into the wrong source file directory).

- Thomas

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

I unzipped all files and extraced them to a floder. Everything should be there. I opened it still gives me compile errors. I have the Quadrino board on a Witespy. I dont have the the code you have for the Quadrino, do I have to add that? Yeah that is the error code I got.

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

this is my error now when I try to compile the 1.9 code.

core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): In function `__vector_19':
C:\Users\shana\Desktop\witespy stuff\wiiconfig1.9\1.9 dev\MultiWiiConf_dev_20120219\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:192: multiple definition of `__vector_19'
MultiWii_1_9.cpp.o:C:\Users\shana\AppData\Local\Temp\build7221190879645567076.tmp/MultiWii_1_9.cpp:3325: first defined here

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

this is my error now when I try to compile the 1.9 code.
core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): In function `__vector_19':

With MWC V1.9 you cannot use the V1.0 Arduino IDE. You need the older IDE version 0022 (I also hear that 0023 is compatible, but have not used it).

1. Go to http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
2. Find the "Previous IDE Versions" section.
3. Download and install Arduino 0022.
4. Now use Arduino 0022 with V1.9 MWC.

More information:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1164

BTW, you will need Arduino IDE V1.0 for more recent MWC code.

- Thomas

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

Awesome Thank you very much. I would have never thought of that.

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

I got the code uploaded to the board. But now when I open up the Multiwii Config 1.9. I can start the data read but it is all straight line reading from the accelerometers. Any ideas???

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

I got the code uploaded to the board, but now there is no response from the board to the GUI. DEBUG 2 is crazy much greater than zero. Any ideas??

mr.rc-cam

Post by mr.rc-cam »

I got the code uploaded to the board, but now there is no response from the board to the GUI. DEBUG 2 is crazy much greater than zero. Any ideas??

Just a guess, but perhaps you didn't enable the correct sensors? What I mean is that the source code's config.h file must be edited by *you* so that the exact sensors installed in your model are enabled. You also need to tell it the model's configuration (Tri, QuadX, Quad+, etc.). Plus a host of other things that must be characterized for your particular setup. If you need help with this then the vendor that supports the Quadrion board may be able to provide a V1.9 file set that already has the necessary edits. Otherwise you will need to dive into the config file, learn how it works, and then edit it so the configuration choices are matched to your model.

- Thomas

iflyhawks

Post by iflyhawks »

Thank you to everyone. I was finally able to get the code uploaded and sensors are now visible and adjustable through the Multiwii Config. I had to uncomment my board in the config.h file. and now everything is good.