Got an idea i wonder if will work for aerobatics

chris ables

Got an idea i wonder if will work for aerobatics

Post by chris ables »

Hey i was thinking instead of variable props if you could mount 4 motors under the 4 motors on a quad and they would be the inverted motors ? All motors would be off at center stick and the bottom motors would run at bottom stick and top motors run at top stick ! Lots less parts than variable props ! Just wondering why i havent seen this tried yet and didnt know if anyone thought of it ! It would fly like a collective pitch heli !! Might try to do this myself with a small frame and motor quad but might need soom code writing done ! This would greatly broaden the range of aerobatic quads !! Maybe i will have one in near future but just wanting to know if im missing something here ?

PatrikE

Re: Got an idea i wonder if will work for aerobatics

Post by PatrikE »

The problem will be that Escs is slow to accelerate from zero.
Otherwise a modified Octo mix could do it.

chris ables

Re: Got an idea i wonder if will work for aerobatics

Post by chris ables »

Yes an octo with 4 motors down and 4 up ! With off motors running at minimum when off ! And definately high refresh rate esc's ! I think it would work and i realize gyro's will be reversed inverted but so is a heli !! The transition between top and bottom motors throttle response would be the key to get it just right ! That would definately keep the brain on edge huh? May not work but just wanted some input ! Thank you patrik ! Also off motors may get to hot when idle !