Linpus Lite

bill516

Linpus Lite

Post by bill516 »

I've got hold of an acer one netbook for a while and I'm trying to get the gui installed on this machine. It uses the Linpus Lite V1.0.2.1.E O/S and I havn't got a clue how to install anything on it. I've had a look at some linux forums but all they do is confuse me (not hard really) so if any of you can show me the way I would be most grateful. I've downloaded Multiwii 1.9 and unzipped it and I even know where to look for the files, but which file I need to run or install it I'm stuck.

kalle123

Re: Linpus Lite

Post by kalle123 »

bill516 wrote:...and I havn't got a clue how to install anything on it.

Not a good combination ;)

You unzipped it and placed it somewhere. OK.

There you should find two folders.

Multiwii and MultiwiiConf

Open the MultiwiiConf folder.

There you will see the folders

application.linux32,application.linux64,application.macosx,application.windows32,application.windows64.

You should open the linux folder. I would suggest the first one.

There should be a file MultiWiiConf1_9.

That is the file to start. Do a right click on the file and look for a box "executable".

This box has to be set. Else you can not start the GUI.

bill516

Re: Linpus Lite

Post by bill516 »

Thanks for that kalle123, I realised after I posted that I needed to click on the linux folder. There was however a more important item that needed addressing and that was installing the drivers for the ftdi. After some searching around I found the ftdi_sio.ko and usbserial.ko files http://www.newmicros.com/discussion/sho ... php?t=7699 and installed them using this guide by cronoe http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 895424/all. I now have multiwii installed in linpus lite and working, only thing Icant do yet is mod the sketch as a library is not up to date and there doesn't seem to be an easy way of updating it, but I'm working on it. Might end up with a different distro of linux