No yaw change from controller

MFDrone

No yaw change from controller

Post by MFDrone »

I have connected my 6 channel RC receiver to my CRIUS SE board but when I move the left stick left and right which should change the yaw value, nothing is shown in the MultiWii config

I would be grateful for any responses

Thank you

ditrone

Re: No yaw change from controller

Post by ditrone »

which receiver? on TX should be a display mode, go into display mode and make sure yaw (on TX) is correctly wired to corresponding channel wiring on RX and flight controller.
am i making sense?

MFDrone

Post by MFDrone »

Thanks for the reply

I am Using the FlySky FS-T6. I have checked the display on the remote which shows the rudder as channel 4 which should be the yaw on my quadcopter. I have the throttle value changing but the rudder which is connected to the board through the D6 port still has no change in value

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

MFDrone wrote:Thanks for the reply

I am Using the FlySky FS-T6. I have checked the display on the remote which shows the rudder as channel 4 which should be the yaw on my quadcopter. I have the throttle value changing but the rudder which is connected to the board through the D6 port still has no change in value

Did you check the wire from the RX to the FC for continuity with a multi-meter??? Could be just a bad wire. It has happened to me on more than one occasion.

ditrone

Post by ditrone »

I would try another cable if you haven't already. d6 is correct. Another troubleshooting step is maybe connect the same cable to another pin on the fc (d3 d4 or d5) and see if it responds. If it does, this will eliminate it being a tx/rx problem. If you connect to another and it responds, multiwii might be defective or it could be soft/firmware issue.

theese are just physical troubleshooting (following OSI) steps. If this doesn't help you find your problem you would need to look into reloading (or changing) firmware etc.
hope it helps

MFDrone

Post by MFDrone »

Yes, thanks for all your replies guys, i really appreciate it, looks like i has a dodgy receiver, sent it back, ordered another, it works great!

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Ahhh, yes, the old cheap Chinese no quality control hardware thing with no way to remotely diagnose the actual issue again thing eh?
Bites people who try to help out here in the ass all the time.