No com port

Alex

No com port

Post by Alex »

I downloaded the multiwii version 2,4. While working in MultiWiiconf for some time the com port dissapeared and i have no idea how to get it back. Used to have COM 3, right now it shows nothing, i have everything hooked up correctly.

Any suggestions?

Ty in advance,

Alex

Kbev5709

Re: No com port

Post by Kbev5709 »

Have you tried re-booting your computer?

Alex

Post by Alex »

Kbev5709 wrote:Have you tried re-booting your computer?

Yes a few times, no results. http://imgur.com/g7TulVF (pic showing no com port) it says no port selected? How do i select one?

Tried if it was the usb port, or cable they are all good. Must be something i changed in the code or software... I think the next step is removing all the software and re-installing, hopefully that won't be needed.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

Have you checked in device manager to see if your board shows up? I don't think a re-install is a bad idea. If you go into device manager and your board is not there when it's plugged in physically, you might need to re-install. If you don't see something that says USB to UART Bridge Controller in the list you might want to re-do the software. I remember that fixed a similar problem I had when I first started. Do you have a USB port on the board you are using? Or is the processor a 328p?

Alex

Post by Alex »

Kbev5709 wrote:Have you checked in device manager to see if your board shows up? I don't think a re-install is a bad idea. If you go into device manager and your board is not there when it's plugged in physically, you might need to re-install. If you don't see something that says USB to UART Bridge Controller in the list you might want to re-do the software. I remember that fixed a similar problem I had when I first started. Do you have a USB port on the board you are using? Or is the processor a 328p?

There is a mini usb on the board i'm using that to connect it to the usb in my laptop. So i re-installed the software, in arduino i can't sellect the port aswell, must be something wrong. If i plug in the usb the board lights up and it seems to be connected.

Found out that it doesn't connect, trying to find a way to fix this

Alex

Post by Alex »

Fixed was a problem with the USB connection, had to update other software to get it fixed. Ty for your help.