Nanowii Keeps Breaking, Crashes MultiWii GUI

wysmith

Nanowii Keeps Breaking, Crashes MultiWii GUI

Post by wysmith »

I bought a Flyduino NanoWii a while ago, and it worked great for me. Recently, it has stopped working in the GUI. The GUI is showing the COM port the Nanowii is connected to, but the sensors (ACC and GYRO) all return 0 and there is no 3D model of the quadcopter. Additionally, I2C errors were continuously increasing. I figured that the Nanowii just broke somehow, and bought two new ones.

I just got them and set one up. It worked with the GUI for a few minutes, and then I calibrated the ESCs. When I restored the software for flights, I had the same issue with the sensors returning 0 and there being no 3D model of the quadcopter. This time, however, there are no I2C errors.

Before I set up the third board, I was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening so I can prevent breaking future boards.

I am using a 64 bit Ubuntu computer and the 64 bit linux software to go with it. I also tried it on a Windows computer, but had the same issues.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wyatt

EDIT:
Attached a screenshot.
Screenshot of Multiwii Conf
Screenshot of Multiwii Conf

EDIT:
I decided to calibrate the ESCs again to see if that would magically fix the problem. It didn't and it actually made it worse. Now, when I click /dev/ttyUSB0 from the menu and click start, the entire application freezes. There is nothing I can do. I have tried killing the terminal completely and killing the java process entirely, but the program won't end unless I "sudo killall -9 java". After this event, the NanoWii will not longer be powered by the LiPo battery. It will only receive power from USB.
This is what happens right after I click "start".
This is what happens right after I click "start".