Multiwii pro board frm HK min. power

strightclaw

Multiwii pro board frm HK min. power

Post by strightclaw »

Does anyone here know what the minimum power the board will operate at. I only have less than 3 volts. I need at least 5 volts for my ESCs

Kbev5709

Re: Multiwii pro board frm HK min. power

Post by Kbev5709 »

The board is designed to operate at 5v. You should be powering your ESCs with a li po battery. Most ESCs for smaller quads will work on 11.1v (really is 12.4v) 3s. This 11.1v is taken from the battery and distributed to the ESCs through a power distribution board with the ESCs hooked up through it in parallel to the battery. On non opto (opto is a special kind of ESC with no BEC) ESCs there is also a 5v power supply called a BEC used in most cases, to power the FC. This is what you need for your board. This will be the small diameter red and black wires coming out of the ESC. These are sometimes paired with the (usually white) signal wire which hooks up to the FC. The reason it is paired with the voltage supply is because the three can plug right into the FC as a unit, providing you connect it polarity correct.The large diameter black and red wires on the ESC are for the 11.1v in. The three wires coming out of the ESC (usually black and numbered) or sometimes just three soldering pads supply the motor. Also, you only want to supply the FC with power from one ESC BEC. Only hook up the signal to the FC with the rest of the ESC BECs.

A better way to get the power to your board is to use a UBEC but that is another thing altogether and not really needed to get your board powered up.
Last edited by Kbev5709 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strightclaw

Re: Multiwii pro board frm HK min. power

Post by strightclaw »

Like I said Kbev5709 Your the man

Well I should be able to just use a voltage reducer from my batteries to the board. I can go to a non used connection at my receiver or right on the board to the same. Just so happens I have a 12v to 5v in my box.

Thanks again
Kbev5709