Command Multiwii via UART without radio

LordRaziel

Command Multiwii via UART without radio

Post by LordRaziel »

Hi,
I just want to start saying that I'm new with multiwii.
My problem is this: I'm trying to build a quadcopter using an Arduino pro mini with the gy-80 IMU. I want to communicate with the arduino controller not using the RC device but using the Serial Protocol through the Arduino Serial. For now I’m at the point that I see correctly with the MultiWiiConf program all the sensors data but I’m not able to activate the motors.
I’m using for now a second Arduino connected to the serial that is sending command as proposed here:http://microquad.blogspot.it/2013/04/a-serial-multiwii-controller.html. I’m trying to sending various value for yaw, throttle, pitch and roll but nothing happens…
What can I do to start seeing my motors spinning?
Thank you for your help!

LordRaziel

Re: Command Multiwii via UART without radio

Post by LordRaziel »

Hi,
for helping your help ( 8-) ) what I need is a tutorial/example that has as configuration something like this:

(RaspberryPI + WiFi) <== UART (Serial Protocol) ==> (Arduino Pro Mini + IMU GY-80)

Thank you again!

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordRaziel

Post by LordRaziel »

Thank you for your reply, I catched your point.
Maybe my previuos question was too much "futuristic" for my actual problem. May be I can change my question as follow:
I don't have TX-RX device, so is there some way to emulate the RX signals ? I was thinking about the Serial protocol, but the solution can be also emulating the RX output with another arduino. Are they PMW signals, aren't they? I'm trying both the solutions but without success :(
(I connected the whole as described here http://radio-commande.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/quadX.jpg)

Tahnk you again for your help!